CNIB Redevelopment | 106m | 32s | ONE Properties | Wallman Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Keep in mind that this will be residences for blind people so anything that requires vision will probably not be allowed. E-gaming venue, bowling alley, hair and nail salons etc. will probably never happen. On the other hand, a pharmacy and eye clinic have a good chance in happening.

“Construction of a 35 storey building with a 2 story podium. The podium will consist of office and retail, while the remaining 33 storeys will be 400 rental apartments. Select suites will be reserved for CNIB clients.

A building permit was issued by the City of Edmonton on November 19, 2020.”

main involvement of CNIB will be office space won’t it?
I agree that it wouldn’t hurt to have accessibility in mind for ALL units though

3BAB410F-12E2-443A-8F50-2A12C871A232.png
View attachment 346348

I'll be honest I am a bit disappointed with the exterior of this project. Seems they have gutted just about every element which made the original renderings interesting and original. Not sure how it will turn out.

I'll be honest I am a bit disappointed with the exterior of this project. Seems they have gutted just about every element which made the original renderings interesting and original. Not sure how it will turn out.
The exterior completed todate is the final installed product. It won't get any better.

Back