CNIB Redevelopment | 106m | 32s | ONE Properties | Wallman Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
[21] In this case, the development as it is undertaken and operating today does not comply with the DC2 Bylaw, the Development Permit that was issued, or the EZB. This has cocked the gun. Now the Board has to determine if what is happening rises to the level of requiring the issuance of an Order. It does because what is happening to the owners on the upper floors of the Pearl building is egregious.

[21] In this case, the development as it is undertaken and operating today does not comply with the DC2 Bylaw, the Development Permit that was issued, or the EZB. This has cocked the gun. Now the Board has to determine if what is happening rises to the level of requiring the issuance of an Order. It does because what is happening to the owners on the upper floors of the Pearl building is egregious.
Is it wrong that I feel zero sympathy for the Pearl upper floor unit owners? There is such a thing as blackout curtains. This is central Edmonton we're talking about - there will be light from other buildings.

seinfeld-the-chicken-roaster.png

687-3
(i) the proposed development would not

(A) unduly interfere with the amenities of the neighbourhood, or

(B) materially interfere with or affect the use, enjoyment or value of neighbouring parcels of land

I will agree that the crown lighting of the Citizen was one of the brightest things in my view looking west, not as bad since they dimmed it. I'm 20 blocks away and it used to grab most peoples attention looking out my windows with "what's that?"

View attachment 534632

“Location, location, location

It doesn’t get more central than this! Citizen is smack in downtown Edmonton along Jasper Ave. It’s the perfect spot for easy commutes and quick access to the best the city has to offer.”

I can’t stand stuff like this that’s just objectively false. I get that marketing exaggerates. But there’s almost no jobs or entertainment spots within a 15min walk of this building… it actually does get more central than this. There’s a 15 block radius of our CBD that’s more central than this. Heck, you could argue stuff close to uni, 109st, or whyte are more central than this.

It’s a dumb nitpicking thing. But like, if you want to sell your building with 3 “facts”. Don’t make one of them just flat out not true. Say it’s steps from the river valley, 124st, and the brewery district and just minutes to downtown or something.

It doesn’t get more central than this! Citizen is smack in downtown Edmonton along Jasper Ave. It’s the perfect spot for easy commutes and quick access to the best the city has to offer.”

I can’t stand stuff like this that’s just objectively false. I get that marketing exaggerates. But there’s almost no jobs or entertainment spots within a 15min walk of this building… it actually does get more central than this. There’s a 15 block radius of our CBD that’s more central than this. Heck, you could argue stuff close to uni, 109st, or whyte are more central than this.

It’s a dumb nitpicking thing. But like, if you want to sell your building with 3 “facts”. Don’t make one of them just flat out not true. Say it’s steps from the river valley, 124st, and the brewery district and just minutes to downtown or something.
What do you mean no entertainment spots or jobs? Clementine, earls and the cabin pub are great spots, there is a sake bar, on the rocks.
Jobs you're 3 blocks away from 124st which has all kinds of different opportunities.

That's a pretty bold statement with no thought put into it

Oliver Exchange, Toast, Clementine, Earls, Japonais, On The Rocks, Famoso, the Mercury building, Watari, the McLaren building and the Victoria Promenade would like a word with you.

Back