News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton City Centre Mall (Renovations) | ?m | 2s | LaSalle Investment Management

Agreed, there is oodles of room there for a market and built-in loading facilities for vendors. Just depends if Canderel can give them a good lease rate and term, unlike Five Oaks, and of course, the Market Board would need to be interested in the first place.
They are getting $NIL for the space now which has been empty for a couple of years and unlike the current space the market is using it is not really old with potentially high maintenance costs.

"Have you visited our newest (and perhaps shiniest) store yet? GLAM Shoes offers everything from stylish summer kicks to glamorous girls' night shoes."

1690933208937.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't know why they will no longer be hosting the Int'l Film Fest. I suppose its relevant because it is coming up soon, but I don't think having it or not will make a big difference for the theaters or the mall.

There are more people working and coming downtown in the last several months and downtown is noticeably busier even though it is summer. A few new stores have come in, or are coming, which is nice. In the end gradually filling up the retail space a bit more is the crucial thing, but it will take time.

Back