Capital | 42.97m | 12s | Strategic Group | KENNEDY

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
this one feels a bit expensive though. Comparing it vs Maclaren, artika, etc. Not sure they will fill it up at these prices without series promotions. Especially with augustana coming on in a few months. Anyone know why they priced so high? Especially for not a huge new highrise (legends/sky/encore)

View attachment 285496

I have a few photos from inside I might be able to share soon. Went apartment hunting recently and saw Capital, Mayfair, Augustana, and Raymond Block. Capital had the best layout and interior design by far. Mayfair and Augustana were cramped, Mayfair appliances look cheap (but price was lowest too out of these). Capital's north view is also quite unique – stadium, arena, Blatchford, and even the northwest landfill (haha!). Rooftop patio has view of the Legislature down Capital Boulevard, which beats out Augustana's view of the back of the Federal building, imo.

In general, I still agree that Capital seems expensive next to the other options. Lots of incentives floating around at the moment though, including 1 year of free 300/300 Telus fibre optic internet!

Orange seats and the outdoor shots on their site are of the rooftop area. I thought I took a photo of the view of the Leg when I was up there, but I can't seem to find it! https://capitalyeg.ca/amenities/

Anyways, here's a photo of the arena (and stadium, between arena and one of the new towers) and where the new Central Park area is going to be eventually (north-facing).
IMG_2558.jpeg

Their photos of the suites are much better than the ones I took – my phone camera lens was cracked at that point, so I only managed to snap a few selfie camera shots for the angles that weren't shown online. At risk of sounding more and more like a shill... https://capitalyeg.ca/floorplans/suite-01/ I was quite impressed by how the renovations all turned out. The living room is very uniform, unlike some of the weird obtrusions in Raymond Block and Augustana that would have blocked an otherwise nice couch placement. Some of the HVAC components look quite industrial though.

20201230_065816.jpg20201230_065909.jpg

First time seeing this guy in person today. Definitely adds some light to the street. Seems like they have some residents moved in. Lots of balcony lights.

Did BLVD close down on the corner? Looked boarded up. Any idea who owns that corner? Would really complete 108th south of jasper if its redone.

View attachment 291618View attachment 291619

First time seeing this guy in person today. Definitely adds some light to the street. Seems like they have some residents moved in. Lots of balcony lights.

Did BLVD close down on the corner? Looked boarded up. Any idea who owns that corner? Would really complete 108th south of jasper if its redone.
BLVD closed "temporarily" in summer 2018 after there was a fairly substantial water main break on 108th right adjacent to it and after that it never reopened. I've been wondering for awhile how bad the damage was--I know there was a basement in that place, it probably had a few feet of water standing in it. I was working across the street at 44 Capital Blvd at the time and a coworker plus others in the building lost their vehicles after the lower floors of the parkade flooded.

Agreed^

I have a friend moving into the lowrise stick built side, apparently the one bedroom was fairly affordable. I'm pretty interested to hear their experience there.

I want to hear how the elevators are in the concrete building now. For years, they were slow and often broke down.
Lol! I heard that plenty from some of the lifers when I worked at the gov't.

Back