Capital | 42.97m | 12s | Strategic Group | KENNEDY

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
this one feels a bit expensive though. Comparing it vs Maclaren, artika, etc. Not sure they will fill it up at these prices without series promotions. Especially with augustana coming on in a few months. Anyone know why they priced so high? Especially for not a huge new highrise (legends/sky/encore)

View attachment 285496

That does seem a bit high compared to other newer buildings. They're likely targeting young, professional couples at those prices. If you split that between 2 people it's not as steep of price to pay I suppose, but that's pretty much at the "I may as well get a mortgage" price

Last edited:
That does seem a bit high compared to other newer buildings. They're like targeting young, professional couples at those prices. If you split that between 2 people it's not as steep of price to pay I suppose, but that's pretty much at the "I may as well get a mortgage" price
Yeah. My wife and I are moving back to edmonton in December and looking to rent a 2bdrm unit downtown. right now, macleran is leading for overall building/location and Artika/ 100 financial house seem close 2nds for sqft and quality. Capital, augustana, sky, legends all feel over-priced for size and market rn. Unless I worked right next to one of those buildings, not sure the draw.

this one feels a bit expensive though. Comparing it vs Maclaren, artika, etc. Not sure they will fill it up at these prices without series promotions. Especially with augustana coming on in a few months. Anyone know why they priced so high? Especially for not a huge new highrise (legends/sky/encore)

View attachment 285496

Expect $2.50-2.75+/sqft for anything newer Downtown.

Expect $2.50-2.75+/sqft for anything newer Downtown.
Is that pricing a lot of folks out of the market? Like the others have said... that's mortgage territory. Especially with rates being so cheap.

I would imagine this building has to be aimed primarily at gov't workers and students. Neither are particularly big spending groups. I thought the stick side of this project would go especially cheap, but I'm no broker/market analyst.

1F3E6A1D-3A5F-4C66-8A50-6A11B6FE0DB1.jpeg
FEA9D588-A511-474E-9798-77CBEBCDF0F3.jpeg
17E9FABF-D58A-421C-874F-5F0970FA1178.jpeg

I really hope the corner touching jasper thats next to this gets developed one day.
I actually don't mind the SE corner establishment, it's super cool space I think. Just really sucks how BLVD never reopened after the flood in mid-summer 2018...

The surface lot east of it is one of my wishes for my development though...

I actually don't mind the SE corner establishment, it's super cool space I think. Just really sucks how BLVD never reopened after the flood in mid-summer 2018...

The surface lot east of it is one of my wishes for my development though...
Ya, blvd was cool. Would be sweet as a patio on a tower podium! Should be an awesome area in 5-7 years.
20201204_222501.jpg

Ya, blvd was cool. Would be sweet as a patio on a tower podium! Should be an awesome area in 5-7 years. View attachment 286901

The only really large open space left now is south of Jasper between 107 & 106 streets.
One would think with a mega park going in across the street that these lots will see something proposed for them sooner or later

Last edited:

Back