• I like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
IMG_20191006_142111.jpg
IMG_20191006_141935.jpg
IMG_20191006_141831.jpg

Good project, but I worry about the rest of the neighbourhood. At this rate it's gonna take 50 years to turn the Quarters into something.

I have noticed the For Sale/Lease sign on the property to the west -- seems like it has been there for several years now, suggesting that it is overpriced. Maybe it will come down as other properties get developed.

And its only going to get worse. The Richards Block on Whyte was just designated three days ago, which is seeking $368,000, and the Stovel Block on 97th is up for designation on the 22nd, and would be eligible for $646,000. We’re nearing 160 designated Municipal Historic Resources, one of the very highest (if not the very highest) amount of any city in Canada. More and more, people — from both the public at large and the development sector — are seeing the inherent value of heritage buildings, yet the total reserve has stayed the same for years now, which is leading to situations like this. The City gives a land owner up to half of their projected renovation cost, an extremely enticing reward, but if the money’s not there than what’s their incentive?

Back