News   Apr 03, 2020
 8.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Edmonton Branding and Tourism strategy

As much as I like to think I’m a committed Edmontonian and a long time Edmonton booster, if someone from almost anywhere else in the world were to ask me where they should go in Canada for a short winter vacation, it would probably be Vancouver/Whistler or Quebec City/Montreal or Toronto/Ottawa and not Edmonton. For what it’s worth, I think Edmonton is a much better city to live/work in than it is to holiday in.
I would generally agree with you, Edmonton is a better living city than tourist city. Except I do think Edmonton would be in my top 3/4 cities to visit in the winter in Canada, we do winter pretty well. Our mixture of real winter and sunshine plus a huge number of outdoor activities and festivals make it pretty great, my favorite season in the city.

Quebec City then Montreal would be my top Winter tourist cities by far. Ottawa would be right in with Edmonton. Toronto seems to shut down and hibernate for the winter, no fun. Winnipeg and Regina have nasty prairie winters. Calgary is warmer but dusty, windy, and boring if you take out Banff/Kananaskis. Vancouver winter is rainy and depressing with a bone chilling wet cold, I hated winter when I lived there, much better during their long summer. I haven't been to Victoria in the winter or the Maritimes so maybe some of those would be good winter cities. So overall, I think Edmonton deserves to be right up there.

Back