Blatchford Development | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

15mins City? Net Zero? Sure, why not.

15mins City? Net Zero? Sure, why not.

I hope this applies to new suburbs because they are really dropping the ball on 15 minute cities/walkability. Sure they might be a bit denser than inner ring suburbs, but 90% of residents are barely a 15 minute drive away from commercial areas, let alone 15 minute walk/bike. Only having a small commercial area on one corner of a mile wide section is awful planning any way you slice it.

Not photo worthy updates from Blatchford:
  1. Sidewalks and bike lanes along Alpha boulevard are chugging along and pretty much complete.
  2. Construction is going hard on the west Phase 2 lots. Sewer, water, and DES mains are being flown in daily
  3. A Blatchford presentation center appeared overnight near the playground
  4. Mutti has put up For Sale signs on Yorke Mews, and it looks like they are planning a second set of their Modern Farmhouse across from their finished Tarmac homes
  5. Haven't seen anything solid but it appears that Mutti is putting together something for the first mixed use building. All I could see was a screenshot of an Insta story so not much detail at the moment.

Haven't seen anything solid but it appears that Mutti is putting together something for the first mixed use building. All I could see was a screenshot of an Insta story so not much detail at the moment.
On the Blatchford property sales map, the mixed use plot at Alpha Blvd and Batchford Road has been marked as pending for a little while now. It's great to see that Mutti is still going for it, I can't wait to see what they unveil.

Developers were photographed earlier today overlooking their different projects in Blatchford:
1624503846467.png

Just kidding - from the archives (1980).

The ultimate developer's control tower, haha.
I didn't scroll down, but I saw the runways in place and I was like, what?
You got me for a sec though, I was about to post that it's so cool that they actuallys left the electronics in the tower. Shoot me.
Cool 80's skyline peeking in on top right, what a view.

Not high quality but I did manage to snag a picture of the proposed mixed use building. You might have to squint, as I don't have CSI's enhance magic.
201997919_307409191026323_3469921351921005512_n.jpg
Also it sounds like more builders are going to be announced soon, so I imagine things are really going to start hopping.

On the property sales map, lot "G" is the only mixed use lot not listed for sale. The corner cutout at the traffic circle matches the cutout on the design as well.
Yes, this mixed use development will be on lot "G" at the end of the block next to Ocheller and Carbon Busters. Mutti is finishing their designs and expect to release floor plans and pricing in 2 months. Condo prices to start around $300,000 for 1 bedrooms and $350,000 for 2 bedrooms, according to the response I received from Mutti when I inquired.

There is also a development to be announced shortly for Lot L, and I think this will involve stacked townhomes.

Back