7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton Aerials

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 6.42.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 6.46.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 6.47.04 PM.png

Such an amazing clip.
I want to '"time travel" back to thank so many people for saving our ravines from becoming "highways"
I had no idea we came that close to paving over paradise.
Love the "future Edmonton" model. Is that a super fast rail bridge next to the High-level?

Such an amazing clip.
I want to '"time travel" back to thank so many people for saving our ravines from becoming "highways"
I had no idea we came that close to paving over paradise.
Love the "future Edmonton" model. Is that a super fast rail bridge next to the High-level?
98% sure that's the METS bridge. there was at one point going to be a highway parallel to 109 running into downtown at grade, top of bank to top of bank, and i'm pretty sure that's it.

Always love the drone shots! The first one looks like fall 2019, 2nd one last autumn?
Bring on Spring "22 please Explore Ed! :D

Loved it, but where was phase 2?

There was to have been another venue on 104st (similar to the Mercer Street Party) for a different type of experience.

Reactions: God
The worst time of year for Edmonton to be shot in however it looks really good all things considered... Still waaaaaaay too much crap auto sprawl along Jasper Avenue West without concrete redevelopment schemes in that shot... And while I know that Edmonton Motors and its sites are the vast majority on display in that shot? How about the Jasper + 116 St itself? That could/should be a corner with 4 50+ story iconic landmarks on it if you ask me including the "already built in my mind" DRUID tower... Keeping and expanding the old irish gastropub on the corner as this was my jam/drinking spot between 2005 and 2007...

Back