121 West | ?m | 10s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
This has gotta be the most Russian looking building in Edmonton. The second photo in this thread should be called "Irony".

Literally DITTO. Me and my fam where joking that this looks like a former-jugoslavian commie block they'd plop in the historic areas of old cities. I'm Croatian so I can joke about that 😆

They need to hire a creative director that has some sense of artistic critically thinking. Even bargain basement prices can be creative. Der has nothing to do with this as they sketched the last rendition of the '
Edmontonians' which was quite nice as a matter of fact.

664F5177-8C7E-4D64-AAB4-FB3FD6950335.jpeg
BE1F98F9-EB73-4B7E-842B-74294BFD196F.jpeg
4A8125BB-3438-4806-A595-8917840FE4D3.jpeg

Unfortunately, bleaching the eyes only obscures the physical visual optical; the lasting memories, once the eyes become tainted by its presence, is the real tragedy.

That's so profound for talking about something so sloppily executed!

I think what's sad also is that great projects attract people with a certain desires for innovation and progress and improvement and excellence. Projects like this don't. Its like companies. Great workers are attracted to great companies. If we want to build a great core, we need to attract people that care about it and are proud to live there. Not just people looking for affordable housing. (Although I really love that our downtown still accommodates all income levels!)

Great developments attract and build momentum. We need more of that.

Back