East Junction | 86m | 25s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I sure hope not but I can understand this higher interest environment really putting the squeeze on things.

They were trying to sell the Emerald site on Jasper a few months ago. I have no idea where that landed on Regency's end, we looked at it for a client but that particular sale didn't move on.
there's no way Regency isn't floundering right now. overextended on land, giant, high-capital projects half-finished, interest rates rising. ooof.

as a side note, any guesses on what the frontage road leading to the 90th Ave intersection in front of the tower is supposed to be doing? i don't have pictures, but the blacktop for the frontage road/fire access to the tower just ramps up and dumps onto the sidewalk, right into some bollards and the LRT tracks. like, it dumps right into the middle of the corner of the intersection. any vehicle, (importantly, fire truck) using that road would be unable to turn around, and not be able to get out onto the intersection safely without blocking the train. is that temporary? all the surrounding landscaping looks done.

The whispers in the wind hum in Holyrood is that Regency is having some financial difficulties.
Huh, you mean a developer that hasn't been able to get the Emerald started since 2016, has not been able to sell nor develop a prime piece of land in the downtown core of major Canadian city, and is struggling to execute on the full build of East Junction is having some difficulties? If you have a history of not being able to do business well then maybe its best off if you don't do business at all...This City doesn't need anymore Regency half a**ed projects and holes in the ground they've done their damage.

Last edited:
Mother Russia in all of its glory
IMG_4985.jpeg

I dunno, seems everyone has had ample opportunity to knock Regency and this, their latest project. I agree the the building is somewhat "disappointing" on an architectural esthetic level but hey, lets put this one to rest and move on.

I dunno, seems everyone has had ample opportunity to knock Regency and this, their latest project. I agree the the building is somewhat "disappointing" on an architectural esthetic level but hey, lets put this one to rest and move on.

It's a forum to discuss buildings and development. If they choose to assault some of our eyes with their architecture, people have a right to gripe. This might be a thread you might want to avoid if you're looking for compliments.

Not to mention the bait and switch with the number of units.

Back