News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Downtown

Amazing! Do we know which space this is? The 1743 facing 103ave I’m assuming? This will give a nice touch to a pretty empty stretch.

View attachment 532528View attachment 532529
1706725845799.png

Hello new patio.

Reference ID: Job No 499429676-002
Description: Other
Plan NB1 Blk 3 Lots 187-188
Applicant: 1943957 ALBERTA LTD O/A BAIJIU COCKTAIL BAR
Create Date: 2024-01-30T16:15:39Z
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

Hearing major parking operator revenues Downtown are up about 25-30% the last while (unsure the time period). They didn't say why but the assumption is more office workers Downtown, but also perhaps more Roger's events and students.
Yesterday I was driving around to various places downtown and several times had a very hard time finding any street parking.

I don't know why it was so busy yesterday. So I don't think it is just office workers but people coming downtown for other things. In any event, this is something that I had not experienced for several years.

Hearing major parking operator revenues Downtown are up about 25-30% the last while (unsure the time period). They didn't say why but the assumption is more office workers Downtown, but also perhaps more Roger's events and students.

Are there fewer parking lots operating? Or are those parking lots that aren't properly zoned that we heard about from Coun. Salvador's inquiry still doing business?

It does seem like there's a positive feeling in the air downtown

It's very encouraging
Probably the best it's felt since COVID, it got really bad again over the cold snap though. Downtown tends to take a dive during cold weather, and then liven up again in warm. I suspect our current warm wave has something to do with this as well.

Probably the best it's felt since COVID, it got really bad again over the cold snap though. Downtown tends to take a dive during cold weather, and then liven up again in warm. I suspect our current warm wave has something to do with this as well.
I mean, I don't really expect anyone to be out when it's -20 and below, so I don't think it's as much a dive, but probably more people are just staying inside (using pedways, etc).
Also, a lot of companies have allowed people to work from home during the cold snap (on top of routine WFH)

Back