News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Downtown

Reference ID:Job No 484471049-002
Description:To install (1) Fascia On-Premises Sign(s) (GREAT CANADIAN PIZZA & DONAIR)
Plan F Lots 27-29
Applicant:G7 PRINT & SIGNS CORP.
Create Date:2023-09-14T09:17:53Z
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

I bought items from there too as I was specifically looking for something more central. Having said that, I found the location a bit odd, not quite in the downtown core.

At the time, I thought something like this might have made more sense in the downtown core. I suppose this actually Oliver's loss, but it will also be portrayed as being a downtown loss.

From Sharon Yeo's weekly blog:

• Often Restaurant and Bar hosted their grand opening on September 16. It fills the vacant space in the McLeod Building (10009 101A Avenue), most recently occupied by Ra Bar.
I haven't had a chance to go to Often yet but FWIW it looks absolutely gorgeous inside. If the food and cocktails match, I hope they find success here. It would be nice to see them open for lunch though. Maybe with time.

Reference ID: Job No 484667096-002
Description: To install (1) Projecting On-Premises Sign(s) (WORLDWIDE PRECIOUS METAL)
Plan 8121364 Blk 1 Lot A
Applicant: BANNERZ CANADA
Create Date: 2023-09-15T13:07:35Z
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

Reference ID: Job No 484447170-002
Description: To install (1) Fascia On-Premises Sign(s) (PACIFIC CENTRE FOR REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE )
Plan 7820103 Blk H Lot 4
Applicant: 3SIXTY SIGN SOLUTIONS INC
Create Date: 2023-09-14T01:28:14Z

Reference ID: Job No 484471049-002
Description: To install (1) Fascia On-Premises Sign(s) (GREAT CANADIAN PIZZA & DONAIR)
Plan F Lots 27-29
Applicant: G7 PRINT & SIGNS CORP.
Create Date: 2023-09-14T09:17:53Z

Reference ID:Job No 484965683-002
Description:Alteration of (an) existing building(s), Interior Alteration
Plan F Lots 1-5
Applicant:SEAGATE CONTRACT MANAGEMENT LTD.
Create Date:2023-09-18T17:07:29Z
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

FREE downtown event this Friday 🎵

REPOST • @edmontondtwn Celebrate the equinox AND a new mural 🍂🎨

ATB Place has a new mural and is kicking off its unveiling with a block party. Come hungry, come thirsty and come ready for:

🎵 Live music from blues to funk
🚚 Food trucks
🍻 Cash bar by @fairmontmac
🎨 Celebration of a new@edmontonmuralfest mural by @vignettesyeg
🎈 Roving entertainers
🛍️ Artists and vendors

This event is FREE, but consider bringing a donation to Bissell Centre if you can.

📅 Friday, September 22, 2023
⏰ 4 PM - 8 PM
📍 ATB Place South Plaza Deck (MacDonald Drive)

A more detailed schedule can be found in @atb.place's feed.

What dis?

20230920_182814.jpg

There were plans to create an outdoor/patio space for Edmonton Unlimited. It should be noted that the 'park space' used to be a 2-3 storey warehouse with the various material backfilling the basement and so what's under the grass is not particularly stable.

• Boyle Street Community Services will relocate its services across four locations in central Edmonton after it moves out of its current building just north of Rogers Place on Sept. 30. The new locations will include Bissell East, at 105 Avenue and 96 Street, where the bulk of the agency’s daily services will be offered. Four Directions Financial and Hiregood will be delivered out of temporary trailers on 101 Street and 107A Avenue, where the agency’s new permanent facility, King Thunderbird Centre, will be located once construction is completed by the end of next year. Two community spaces will be offered at the Mercer Warehouse, and a smaller community space that can serve up to 20 people will operate out of Co*Lab. Boyle Street spokesman Elliott Tanti said the agency worked with the city to ensure each location was zoned appropriately.
  • -Taproot

• Boyle Street Community Services will relocate its services across four locations in central Edmonton after it moves out of its current building just north of Rogers Place on Sept. 30. The new locations will include Bissell East, at 105 Avenue and 96 Street, where the bulk of the agency’s daily services will be offered. Four Directions Financial and Hiregood will be delivered out of temporary trailers on 101 Street and 107A Avenue, where the agency’s new permanent facility, King Thunderbird Centre, will be located once construction is completed by the end of next year. Two community spaces will be offered at the Mercer Warehouse, and a smaller community space that can serve up to 20 people will operate out of Co*Lab. Boyle Street spokesman Elliott Tanti said the agency worked with the city to ensure each location was zoned appropriately.
  • -Taproot
….mercer? I am confused by this. With oilers games picking back up, do we want to draw more traffic south into the main bar/restaurant areas? Or am I misunderstanding what a community space is? I wouldn’t have my wife walk by boyle street alone, so do I need to be concerned about her going to Baiju now?

….mercer? I am confused by this. With oilers games picking back up, do we want to draw more traffic south into the main bar/restaurant areas? Or am I misunderstanding what a community space is? I wouldn’t have my wife walk by boyle street alone, so do I need to be concerned about her going to Baiju now?
Oh the irony. Turn down a sports bar and get a homeless shelter instead. Yes I know the locations are different, but if the street was busier/fully occupied, a shelter/agency would be less likely to move in.

Back