News   Apr 03, 2020
 8.1K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Downtown

I've never tried Love Pizza before so I'll take your word for it.
BTW my own go-places for pizza would be Famoso on Jasper Ave (although I'm not sure how much longer they'll last) and Lorenzo's in the Commerce Place food court.

Yeah it seems like Famoso is dying. Love Pizza I never got the hype of, though maybe the time I went years ago was an off night for them.

I've never tried Love Pizza before so I'll take your word for it.
BTW my own go-places for pizza would be Famoso on Jasper Ave (although I'm not sure how much longer they'll last) and Lorenzo's in the Commerce Place food court.
I was just at that Famoso location and I fear you’re right. Half empty tables. Poor service. Quality not the greatest. Still a steady stream of Skip and Uber drivers but kinda sad. This was a local success story but feels like it’s winding down after the original owners sold the business. Sepp’s is my favourite go-to now.

Reference ID:Job No 484008459-002
Description:To Continue to Operate a Minor Eating and Drinking Establishment (NDPR)
Condo Common Area (Plan 0021116)
Applicant:KIMCHI HOSPITALITY LTD
Create Date:2023-09-11T08:27:23Z
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Reference ID:Job No 484008459-002
Description:To Continue to Operate a Minor Eating and Drinking Establishment (NDPR)
Condo Common Area (Plan 0021116)
Applicant:KIMCHI HOSPITALITY LTD
Create Date:2023-09-11T08:27:23Z
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN
This is the onigiri restaurant I referenced in the Food and Dining thread.

Love Pizza really went downhill in recent years. They used to be great, but the quality fell off a cliff and the results are now speaking for themselves.

Where are those basketball courts?

20230913_122532.jpg

Construction/renovation work at the Courtyard By Marriott Hotel after the fire earlier this year

20230913_131129.jpg

I have posted about this before (I checked and last time was January 2023) but construction on this area of Jasper has been completed for almost 2 years exactly and this temporary light pole is still planted in the corner of Jasper and 109. Maybe @Greenspace knows the reason, but why oh why does this city continue to suck at finishing projects downtown.

IMG_1817.jpeg

No different than the missing new benches on the south side of Jasper that got removed for utility work in 2019 that have never returned, nor the granite/pavers replaced or the completed 'tusks' that were an absolute cluster with Philips et al to the point where the COE simply gave up, called it a day and left conduit terminations duct taped or void of anything.

It's all still asphalt patches where utility work was done that 'are to be attended to within 2 years' on its last, last multi-million dollar rehab.

Few give a shit, care or have accountability for the work.

No different than the missing new benches on the south side of Jasper that got removed for utility work in 2019 that have never returned, nor the granite/pavers replaced or the completed 'tusks' that were an absolute cluster with Philips et al to the point where the COE simply gave up, called it a day and left conduit terminations duct taped or void of anything.

It's all still asphalt patches where utility work was done that 'are to be attended to within 2 years' on its last, last multi-million dollar rehab.

Few give a shit, care or have accountability for the work.
I wonder if there is any dedicated person or assigned responsibility for dealing with these sort of things, or does the buck just get passed back and forth and ignored by everyone?

^ Probably the latter. With government, if it's not fully within one department's scope, and there are no political consequences of inaction, then the go-to option is almost always "shirk responsibility".

I have posted about this before (I checked and last time was January 2023) but construction on this area of Jasper has been completed for almost 2 years exactly and this temporary light pole is still planted in the corner of Jasper and 109. Maybe @Greenspace knows the reason, but why oh why does this city continue to suck at finishing projects downtown.

View attachment 506340
Did you 311 it? Sometimes you get a call-back about things like that (I have).

What section of Jasper were those on? And which tusks are you referring to?

A little birdie told me that the Rolling Tales comic store in the SW (near Terwillegar) is opening a new location in downtown, specifically near the Alberta Craft Gallery on 106 St.

Back