News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown

Funny, I just moved also to what I’d bet is within a few hundred metres from you. I’m right off Railtown Park.
I also recently moved from my owned house to a rental in Oliver. I live off of the 102 Ave bike lane and find the neighbourhood to be quite vibrant most days. It helps that its summer and I live next to a great park for families and young adults alike.

I also recently moved from my owned house to a rental in Oliver. I live off of the 102 Ave bike lane and find the neighbourhood to be quite vibrant most days. It helps that its summer and I live next to a great park for families and young adults alike.
Nice! I love the Oliverbahn and how lively it is. Last summer I’d ride down it at midnight on a Tuesday and there’d still be folks out and about.

and plant the tiny replacements in the fall so you can subject them to tons of salt and sand fines before they’ve established themselves and they’re at their weakest.

Out of curiosity, is anyone aware of a single median or sidewalk landscaping project that looks half decent two years after the contractors warranty period is up?

jasper, 99 st., 111 st., 122 st., 111 ave/mayfield road…
I don’t think planting the trees a month or two earlier makes any difference to the adverse effects of the amount of salt being thrown on sidewalks. We have a short season for planting trees and if we limited it to one or two months a year would only give people more to complain about.

I don’t think planting the trees a month or two earlier makes any difference to the adverse effects of the amount of salt being thrown on sidewalks. We have a short season for planting trees and if we limited it to one or two months a year would only give people more to complain about.
i’m not suggesting we shorten the planting season to one or two months a year. i’m suggesting that the more stressful locations get larger trees at the beginning of the season so they have some time to establish themselves and the end of the season can be used to plant the smaller trees in locations they are more likely to survive in.

i’m not suggesting we shorten the planting season to one or two months a year. i’m suggesting that the more stressful locations get larger trees at the beginning of the season so they have some time to establish themselves and the end of the season can be used to plant the smaller trees in locations they are more likely to survive in.
The larger the tree the more difficult and expensive it is to transplant.

The larger the tree the more difficult and expensive it is to transplant.
i'm not suggesting we not plant anything smaller than 6" caliper... i am suggesting that a 2 or 2 1/2" caliper has a much greater chance of survival that a 1 or 1 1/2" caliper and is probably less expensive than replacing the smaller one every year because they're effectively doa.

Reference ID:Job No 436688755-002
Description:To install (4) Fascia On-Premises Signs (CAV CAFE)
Plan 0425913 Unit 7
10020 - JASPER AVENUE NW
Condo Common Area (Plan 0425913,1123267,1621940,1922644)
Applicant:FIVE STAR PERMITS
Create Date:6/10/2022 3:58:15 PM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Northern Chicken coming to 104st...
FVUi090VsAAuz7g.jpg

Stopped by Blenz today. Their cappuccino and double chocolate muffin were delicious! They opened their first-ever Alberta location at Jasper/109 on Tuesday and are looking forward to further expansion. Next time I drop by (which will be soon) I will suggest the old Starbucks location at Jasper/101.

View attachment 404869

I was told that Blenz is opening another location about 8 blocks east, another location in Edmonton and one in the City of Cows.

Back