News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown

1654288312353.png

^ ^ are they opening up downtown?
Great pasta!.
They have a Southside location a block of Argyle @ 96 st.
Basil is amazing!

Also, happy to see new businesses open Downtown. I think we'll see much more of that in the next few months, which, pending on the new safety plan, might end up driving more residential demand in the area.

I think Churchill would really benefit from some residential to the east. Oliver, ice district, and other places to the west are becoming more popular and are closer for people to access. Feels like mostly offices around the square now. Hopefully it better activates if the Quarters can get going one day.

Would be nice to get the wading pool going as well - it's a nice spot and a good amenity to bring people to Churchill. Should be open now but no water that I've seen.

Edit: as of today, the water and fountains are on.

Last edited:
Stopped by Blenz today. Their cappuccino and double chocolate muffin were delicious! They opened their first-ever Alberta location at Jasper/109 on Tuesday and are looking forward to further expansion. Next time I drop by (which will be soon) I will suggest the old Starbucks location at Jasper/101.

20220604_140938.jpg

I moved to a (rental) condo downtown last Sunday, coming from a house in McKernan. I gotta say, I'm loving it so far. It's amazing being so close to transit and bike lanes, especially since I can take my bike on the LRT at all times now. My area isn't sketchy, I've been able to bike or take the LRT for all my needs so far, and it's right by the linier park that runs from the High Level Bridge to just beyond Jasper Ave (the final stretch is called Railtown Park). I'm much happier here than I was in McKernan, and I just thought I'd share my initial thoughts as a bit of a change from the negativity we often see when people discuss DT living :)
Funny, I just moved also to what I’d bet is within a few hundred metres from you. I’m right off Railtown Park.

Stopped by Blenz today. Their cappuccino and double chocolate muffin were delicious! They opened their first-ever Alberta location at Jasper/109 on Tuesday and are looking forward to further expansion. Next time I drop by (which will be soon) I will suggest the old Starbucks location at Jasper/101.

View attachment 404869
Starbucks has lost yet another good location that they now can not get back. Its nice to see Blenz here. Also with the closure of the two nearby Second Cups, I think they have found a good area where something was missing. This spot is definitely brighter than it was before.

Another longtime Downtown gem departing:(

Lizotte and Associates Real Estate Inc.
424 followers
2h • 2 hours ago
Follow

ASSET SALE $149,000.00 For Brad's Kitchen. Located at #101, 10130 - 105 Street, Edmonton, AB. Minutes from Rogers Place and 104 Street. Awesome opportunity for a start-up restaurant, culinary arts school, craft cocktail bar, private cooking instruction, or professional chef services. For more information, view our brochure https://cutt.ly/sJnEFam

Back