News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown

One is certainly much worse than the other.
Because worse can be relativized, I'd say that one is significantly more damaging to one's health, and considerably more addictive, than the other, hence propelling an increase in issues associated with drug abuse, from drug-related crime to overdoses.

^ ^^
i used to think much the same but have come to think that the greater cost both for the individual and for society does indeed come from the drug-related crime and the overdoses that result from criminalizing a behavior more-so than the actual behaviour.

decriminalize it and make it legally available - even if by prescription - in much the same way we do for marijuana and alcohol. doing so would bring an end to much of the criminal and gang behavior that thrives not on the drug but on having driven it underground and its prices up.

Last edited:
^ ^^
i used to think much the same but have come to think that the greater cost both for the individual and for society does indeed come from the drug-related crime and the overdoses that result from criminalizing a behavior more-so than the actual behaviour.

decriminalize it and make it legally available - even if by prescription - in much the same way we do for marijuana and alcohol. doing so would bring an end to much of the criminal and gang behavior that thrives not on the drug but on having driven it underground and its prices up.
You hit the nail on the head Special K. Below is a link to one of my favourite YouTube channels. I think you’ll dig it.

^ ^^

That was exactly what I said @kcantor 🤣
My point there was a comparison between weed and heroin, in terms of the effects, on their past and current situation.

Back to downtown happenings!
XTherapy permanently closed as of October 31 due to COVID. I've walked past this place a few times a week but tonight's the first time I noticed this announcement on their Instagram account.

Ahead of its 2022 budget, the province is taking public submissions.

Wonder if Sohi will take Calgary mayor Gondek's lead as she is writing a letter to the province seeking matching funds - $255 million - to help revitalize Calgary's downtown. Our downtown could certainly use a financial boost, too. How does it go? The squeaky wheel....

“The downtown strategy is absolutely one of the priorities for the City of Calgary and it should be a priority for the province,”

“(The province) should be very much focused on what happens downtown here in Calgary.”

Last edited:
Smoke BBQ + Bar

Introducing Smoke BBQ+Bar, Edmonton's newest concept! Serving delicious smoke meats and craft cocktails in an intimate setting, make Smoke your new destination for any occasion! Located in the heart of downtown at 10266 103 St NW right across from Rogers Place! Doors open Tuesday December 14th!

Smoke BBQ + Bar

Introducing Smoke BBQ+Bar, Edmonton's newest concept! Serving delicious smoke meats and craft cocktails in an intimate setting, make Smoke your new destination for any occasion! Located in the heart of downtown at 10266 103 St NW right across from Rogers Place! Doors open Tuesday December 14th!
Looks like The Grand bar was coverted into a smoke house? I wonder if this is fluff or of they bought a decent size and capable smoker?

Better.
Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 6.48.21 PM.png

Back