News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Downtown

Sorry if posted somewhere already - I saw that Tres Carnales is closed for good.

Didn't realize they were also closed in Nov for significant pest infestation.

Methinks the pest infestation and permanent closure are linked.

I think the COE needs to install even more signage, maybe do 10 in a row southbound on 109th Street to get the message across...

If these drivers cannot understand the numerous height restriction signs to the High Level Bridge then they need to be fired from the job. A stiff fine would also be nice.

I think the COE needs to install even more signage, maybe do 10 in a row southbound on 109th Street to get the message across...
Agreed. It also really doesn’t help that the High Level is part of Edmonton’s truck route maps. Not that it’s an excuse as any professional driver should know where to go or who to ask for a proper route, but there are a lot of steering wheel holders out there.

U of A has moved 600 staff members into Enterprise Square as of a week or so ago. There is an announcement/celebration coming later in the month. These are mostly staff, not students, from North Campus to make more classroom space at North Campus. The employees are here in the office minimum 4 days a week. Very positive news for Downtown.

U of A has moved 600 staff members into Enterprise Square as of a week or so ago. There is an announcement/celebration coming later in the month. These are mostly staff, not students, from North Campus to make more classroom space at North Campus. The employees are here in the office minimum 4 days a week. Very positive news for Downtown.
I was wondering why it was so busy yesterday at lunch when I went by. There were a number of people sitting at the tables in the still closed little food court area there. Hopefully it will open up again, or something good will replace what is there. City Centre was also the busiest I think I had seen it in over two years. So many people walking by, but so few shops open. I think if the people come back, the rest will eventually come to.

Reference ID:Job No 460104106-002
Description:To Increase the number of children in a Childcare Service from 56 to 64
Plan 1520896 Blk 7 Lot 103A
Applicant:Intercultural Child and Family Centre, JASVINDER
Create Date:1/10/2023 7:55:21 AM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Reference ID:Job No 460315835-002
Description:To Change the Use from a Residential Sales Centre to a Bar & Neighborhood Pub
Plan NB1 Blk 3 Lot 162
Applicant:BOLD DESIGN INC
Create Date:1/11/2023 1:33:42 PM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 4.55.02 PM.png

Happy to see the EDBA promoting these:

The City of Edmonton is offering new Business Improvement Area grants. Here's what you need to know:

Storefront Improvement Grant - A matching reimbursement program (up to 50%) for large exterior renovations.
Storefront Refresh Grant - A matching reimbursement program (up to 50%) for small storefront renovations such as new paint and flower planters.
Interior building Improvement Grant - A matching reimbursement program (up to 50%) for building owners to renovate street-facing interiors. Open to property owners and tenants - although property owners must approve of the project.
Window Repair Program - A grant program (covering up to 50% with a maximum cap) to assist businesses with broken windows as a result of vandalism.

View more details at edmonton.ca

The downtown Best Buy location is still open!

When I was there this afternoon to buy a new surge protector, I spoke to a sales guy about the rumored closure of the downtown location. He said the store recently completed renovations plus downtown has reawakened since the pandemic, therefore they'll still be open for the foreseeable future.

Back