News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Downtown

I don't think corner stores are the problem, it's the loitering around them that is.
Does 7-11 or credo attract loiterers more?

That’s like saying a nightclub isnt the issue to noise and drinking complaints on the street it exists. An earls wouldn’t cause the same problems as The Ranch.

Does 7-11 or credo attract loiterers more?

That’s like saying a nightclub isnt the issue to noise and drinking complaints on the street it exists. An earls wouldn’t cause the same problems as The Ranch.
Maybe, but having a convenience store at the base of your building is a fantastic amenity. We shouldn't accept social disorder as being inevitable and meaning we can't have nice things.

Just like a Tim Hortons should have to clean up cups and other trash around their premises, convenience stores should be responsible for keeping their areas safe and clean. Every time I walked by the 7-11 on Jasper and 104 it looked like it could use a good power wash.

Same here in SoCal -- 7-11's lunch (such as it is) is getting eaten by Circle K and AM/PM. The newest 7-11 in Ventura broke type altogether and was actually a small groceteria about 5 times bigger than their typical store. Makes me think that they are going for a different business model altogether (Oh, thank heaven).

There are too few 7-11s in downtown Edmonton which is causing the loitering problems because there is nothing else around that gets regular traffic.

^^^^ "Please sir, could you spare change for some food?"
Response -- "Sorry, I don't carry change anymore; I only have debit cards"
Counter response -- "Then F.U. you wannabe mogul"
Response -- "Thank-you and have a nice day -- hope you don't get the DTs before someone is duped by your charm -- I could have charged a sandwich for you -- clearly that is not what you want the change for"
Counter response -- "mumble, mumble, assh***, mumble, mumble"

The 7-11s in Taipei, Taiwan are very successful, they have a wide range of instant meals and booze to choose from. They also don't have any loitering problems.
Same in Japan and our go to for bank machines, delicious fresh baking/sandwiches and soups on the run.

Back