3K     0 

Downtown

O'byrne's moving along.

External ID
535516423-002
Job Type
Sign Development Permit
Description
To install (1) Fascia Sign(s) limited to On-premises Advertising and (1) Projecting Sign(s) not in the form of a Roof Sign limited to On-premises Advertising (O'Byrne's)
Applicant
CROWN SIGNS
Status
Intake Review
Class of Permit

Create Date
October 16, 2024
Approval Date

10235 - 101 STREET NW Plan 8822518 Lot 79C
Neighbourhood
DOWNTOWN
I've heard they're reasonably close

I'm starting to wonder if their rebrand was due to Oilers Entertainment Group dropping a 'cease and desist', because it doesn't seem to have been part of any strategy to do anything better.
My theory is that there is more than 1 owner ("business partners") and one of them wanted to go with "Slapshot" and the other wanted to go with "Tap Room". The Slapshot guy won, and then when business was bad, the "Tap Room" guy convinced his business partner that a "rebrand" was needed 🤣 Instead of recognizing it was them, they figured it had to be the name.

My question is, who the hell owns this property and rented it to these guys? How can someone with such little business acumen end up owning a prime property like this. These guys must have been willing to sign some crazy ass lease for the landlord to be willing to rent it to them. Probably no leasehold improvements, above market rent and (I would hope) a hefty upfront amount of months rent in advance.

Back