News   Apr 03, 2020
 8.1K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Downtown

Great to hear.

I just hope more of them explore further and discover Downtown. The impact is actually relatively small overall at this point and has the potential to be significant.

I'd say those numbers indicate many people are here. But there is no reason to go to city centre mall or Ice District or 104 st or Jasper Ave or Rice Howard Way to shop - there is nothing.

The rock climbing gym on 105 Ave does well. Not sure about the rec arena next to Rogers. In terms of activity, what else is there. MacEwan has their sport and wellness centre.

To eat/drink, that's a different story - many more choices.

I'd say those numbers indicate many people are here. But there is no reason to go to city centre mall or Ice District or 104 st or Jasper Ave or Rice Howard Way to shop - there is nothing.

The rock climbing gym on 105 Ave does well. Not sure about the rec arena next to Rogers. In terms of activity, what else is there. MacEwan has their sport and wellness centre.

To eat/drink, that's a different story - many more choices.
We have such low aspirations as a city for our downtown. It doesn't have to be one or the other (mall vs. street front). We could try be like other Canadian cities with healthy downtowns that have both.

Feels like there is a lot of opportunity for housing and amenities in the warehouse district so nicely located between MacEwan and Norquest.

Back