News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Downtown

Next time I come up I will bring my camera and do a little photo tour of Downtown with the good, the bad and the ugly.

Last weekend it was so nice to see so many people in the Downtown (not just Oilers games) and spring has certainly sprung.

I walked to Dick Mather Park to take the dog out for a play with a coffee from Bistro 99 at about 10am, 2 people doing meth in the park, their stuff all over the place on 4-5 benches. The gazebo had multiple drug paraphernalia in and around it and there was one garbage half emptied; the little lattice entrance from the school is now mostly broken. Multiple wood benches are missing (assuming broken) and there were two (yes two) COE workers there to turn on the water fountain, but a different department or two needs to visit.

800 travel professionals and destination marketing people heading to Edmonton this week for Rendezvous Canada until Sat.

Here's hoping the city looks absolutely spotless and that a sweep of the key areas such as RHW, 104st, Rogers, CBD, Churchill and say Whyte have been done.

They are at the Elm Convention Centre and so at the very least that area to main hotels were done, right? right???

The entry to the Chateau Lacombe needs to be cleaned up asap. It's now mid-May but I still have to trudge thru all that gravel.

Next time I come up I will bring my camera and do a little photo tour of Downtown with the good, the bad and the ugly.

Last weekend it was so nice to see so many people in the Downtown (not just Oilers games) and spring has certainly sprung.

I walked to Dick Mather Park to take the dog out for a play with a coffee from Bistro 99 at about 10am, 2 people doing meth in the park, their stuff all over the place on 4-5 benches. The gazebo had multiple drug paraphernalia in and around it and there was one garbage half emptied; the little lattice entrance from the school is now mostly broken. Multiple wood benches are missing (assuming broken) and there were two (yes two) COE workers there to turn on the water fountain, but a different department or two needs to visit.
No ugly please Ian….you always do that and post on SSP for the whole world to see….lol.
Make any calls to 311?

Yup... I was surprised that it didn't get a very quick turnaround to capitalize on at least a few games.

Not open yet, I believe @Greenspace mentioned it's a pizza place from Spruce Grove(?) that is opening a new location in the CRU next to Black Pearl in Icon I. Only thing is they've been working on the TI for the space pretty consistently for no joke well over six months now.
Canadian Pies here in Spruce is our go to.

Situate is looking to amend the CMU zone west of 109 Street to raise the height of buildings from 20m (6 stories) to 50m (15 stories) south of 100 Ave, 70m (21 stories) north of 100 Ave.

When the CMU zone was created, there was still height restrictions along 109 Street due to the municipal airport runway.

Back