News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Downtown

Edmonton's Downtown has always underwhelmed when it comes to clean, maintained, sparkle level and so this is very exciting.

Edmonton's Downtown has always underwhelmed when it comes to clean, maintained, sparkle level and so this is very exciting.
I agree with your observation, but I wonder why that is. Is it a lack of civic pride? inattentiveness by the city? or something else.

Because unless the root problem is addressed a one time infusion of funds may just be a temporary solution.

Climate - dirt, sand, gravel, salt and their various visual and chemical impacts.

Civic pride - Very few care about the Downtown or its image.

Transient community - like it or not, this impacts the level of care.

Attitude - we pay taxes, it's not my issue, the City should clean it up.

Nice to see Chris featured on this episode recognizing his tenure, longstanding commitment and dedication to the residents and area that is our Downtown community. A sincere thank you for your time, efforts and service. Cheers my friend.

---​

He's been Buyze for the past 16 years​

In Episode 219:

We catch up with Chris Buyze, the outgoing president of the Downtown Edmonton Community League.

Last edited:
Will we see dirt and flowers this year at Jasper/104st or will they continue to be abandoned and litter magnets?

DSC02126.JPG

Accelerating residential projects is a win-win-win for all involved. Adding more density, activity and eyes on the street, supporting/encouraging retail and making it even more attractive to have walkable employment options. The reality is that Downtown needs to roughly double the population to around 25,000 people to begin talking about 'critical mass'. Great to see the basis of this, safety-maintenance-upkeep-beautification -marketing-awareness already underway. Godspeed.

---

The City is redoing their Public Spaces Bylaw. This is an important survey to fill out regarding what activities are acceptable in parks, transit etc.

The City is redoing their Public Spaces Bylaw. This is an important survey to fill out regarding what activities are acceptable in parks, transit etc.

I completed the survey. I mentioned that public spaces need to be inclusive and safe.
However, I also demanded that the religious prophet with the megaphone be permanently banned from public speaking.

I completed the survey. I mentioned that public spaces need to be inclusive and safe.
However, I also demanded that the religious prophet with the megaphone be permanently banned from public speaking.
HEY.

Dont you dare try to take my signs and megaphone away.

The next round of Downtown Vibrancy funding will be available shortly.

An announcement will be made tomorrow, and was mentioned by Mayor Sohi at the State of the City luncheon today.

As well the City is launching a $10k one-time grant to businesses for activations and programming called 'Meet Me Downtown'

The next round of Downtown Vibrancy funding will be available shortly.

An announcement will be made tomorrow, and was mentioned by Mayor Sohi at the State of the City luncheon today.

As well the City is launching a $10k one-time grant to businesses for activations and programming called 'Meet Me Downtown'
one project that i think would suit edmonton really well is if someone started to project giant visuals against the side of a blank building, i saw it all over montreal and it was really cool, fun and added like this futuristic feel to the city. sort of like this. if we could add this all over it would add so much tbh and the lighting would give the place a safer feel too.
49226407-f72564b9b6b61f66c562037a58aa859d6b569ea1835841a45cb7bd500b6d2ebd-d_640

Back