News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Downtown

Back in a previous role/life, I spent considerable time and effort trying to get a higher standard/level of service for just that. It was pulling teeth and few, if any, actually seemed to care... at City Hall, Admin or even the business community.

Edmonton is a difficult place to keep clean and I am hopeful with what I am now seeing, but it rarely presents well and could be significantly improved if we took as much of the dirt, grime, dust away as early as possible AND on a regular basis to lesson the exfoliation of pedestrians walking down Jasper.

Alas.

while riverdale appreciates this, i think most of us would still prefer getting downtown finished first…
C970A0A9-9E8F-4A61-AA94-72805EA2038F.jpeg

ps. all they did was this one of the three dropped curbs at this corner (which didn’t really need it any more than the other two).

Last edited:
^^The Walterdale Bridge was never properly washed down last year (or years before) all year... our current 'signature' bridge, gateway, entrance....

I sometime wonder, does anyone planning this sort of clean up actually ever get out of their office and go around the city?

Join us for the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Downtown Edmonton Community League (DECL). This year we’re pleased to welcome you back in person at our community space (10042 103 Street)!

Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Registration 6:30 p.m.
Meeting 7:00 p.m.

We are pleased to welcome Puneeta McBryan, Executive Director of the Edmonton Downtown Business Association as our special guest speaker. We will also have updates from other partners and organizations Downtown.

Sweeping program starts Monday
So if I understand the map in this article correctly, many areas outside the core are scheduled (red lines) for sweeping yet key areas like our entrance into the city i.e. Gateway, the downtown core, and prominent areas like Whyte ave have not yet been scheduled yet (blue lines)???

For refence, the sweeping schedule map from the article is here:

If that is the case, that makes literally no sense at all.

Back