News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Downtown Real Estate

The amount of public dollars flowing into downtown Calgary between this arena, the BMO redevelopment, and their housing funding announcement compared to the amount of public dollars downtown Edmonton is not getting from those same governments is absolutely staggering and shameful. I have no idea if there is behind the doors lobbying but we need a mayor with a set who will fight for what Edmonton is owed and deserves because Sohi and council are not that.

It's almost ridiculous the disparity between public dollars in the two downtowns.
Granted, we are getting $175 million from the Feds compared to their $228 million so not a ton less relative to population, but I do agree the Province is doing us dirty with giving them hundreds of millions to build out the arena area. If they gave us a similar amount for Ice District 2.0 we would see that area develop quite fast I imagine.

Granted, we are getting $175 million from the Feds compared to their $228 million so not a ton less relative to population, but I do agree the Province is doing us dirty with giving them hundreds of millions to build out the arena area. If they gave us a similar amount for Ice District 2.0 we would see that area develop quite fast I imagine.
It's insane that in D. Smith's mandate letter to Minister of Infrastructure, it's literally point #2:

"In cooperation with the Minister of Transportation and Economic Corridors, who is the lead, and the Minister of Municipal Affairs, contributing up to $330 million towards road and bridge construction, LRT connection, site utilities, site reclamation and other supportive infrastructure to support the Calgary arena and entertainment district project. This funding includes up to $30 million for a new 1,000-seat community arena neighbouring the main arena that will serve youth and amateur hockey."

What was the $175M for?

The amount of public dollars flowing into downtown Calgary between this arena, the BMO redevelopment, and their housing funding announcement compared to the amount of public dollars downtown Edmonton is not getting from those same governments is absolutely staggering and shameful. I have no idea if there is behind the doors lobbying but we need a mayor with a set who will fight for what Edmonton is owed and deserves because Sohi and council are not that.

It's almost ridiculous the disparity between public dollars in the two downtowns.

And we can't even get the province to pay all their city taxes let alone get equity in terms of things like arena demolition etc.

It's insane that in D. Smith's mandate letter to Minister of Infrastructure, it's literally point #2:

"In cooperation with the Minister of Transportation and Economic Corridors, who is the lead, and the Minister of Municipal Affairs, contributing up to $330 million towards road and bridge construction, LRT connection, site utilities, site reclamation and other supportive infrastructure to support the Calgary arena and entertainment district project. This funding includes up to $30 million for a new 1,000-seat community arena neighbouring the main arena that will serve youth and amateur hockey."
Mind blowing 💩!!!

Spoke with an agent today.

In the last 6 months... 5 x 1bdrms have sold, FIVE... and that includes Oliver.

That said, many are renting longer term and pulling supply from the MLS which is a positive thing for sellers.

He expects to see a 5-7% increase in price for quality units between 200-350k between now and May.
That's what my realtor has stated too. He said I'm getting lots of online activity out and he anticipated a very active sellers market that comes early in March.

So far it's been slow. A couple walkthroughs for me but that was kind of expected considering I listed in mid Jan.

Back