News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Downtown Real Estate

Curious to hear the reaction to it.

Our building had 2 units recently pulled 'due to inactivity'.
Anything will sell if it's priced accordingly. I'm basing my sale off speculation pertaining to being balcony side on the warehouse park, improved streetscaping, and the upcoming VLRT west stop a block away, and pricing for some room to negotiate which will land a buyer at a 5% ROI as an income property at net present value. All things considered, it's priced right in line against other wood frame units of similar age and size that don't have those gentrifying elements directly adjacent to them.

I could wait, but I want a house in Devon lol. Ol' Steve-O's coming on home from the mountains!

Would you share your $/sqft or range for us?

The units I am referring to were in the $275-330 range.

Yes, anything is a good deal at the right price. Though, interesting thing with the psychology of investments (including real estate), although everything is cyclical many people seem to be attracted to buying when high rather than low.

Would you share your $/sqft or range for us?

The units I am referring to were in the $275-330 range.
Mines a wood frame 2b1ba 960 sq ft with the big balcony. The final sale price should be 215-220 and the realtor says the renos I did should create a quick sale. It’s a pretty solid investment property at that price. And profitable too. So Fingers crossed!

1704923381628.png

Reference ID:Job No 495719389-002
Description:To construct exterior alterations to a School building (Rooftop Solar Collectors on Building 7 of Grant McEwan University)
Plan 2121375 Blk 20 Lot 102
Applicant:DIALOG
Create Date:2024-01-03T11:49:40Z
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

There's a serious flight to quality and a lot of incentives out there right now. Expect to see some significant conversions in the Toronto marketplace.

"The next chapter of development, including residential development north of the arena, will be built around business partnerships, not the Katz Group going it alone, Shipton said."

Makes sense. That probably means that this isn't close to starting up as I imagine, as some have said, there is a hesitancy to build downtown right now.

“Adding things like Norquest and Grant MacEwan in the past 3 years.” Say waht? Pretty sure Don Getty announced the new campus in the late 80’s and it opened in ‘90? Norquest was already there before that.

Back