News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Downtown Real Estate

Cant say which building yet but another tower downtown will be getting a major facelift in the coming years. I saw the renderings and this is a project that will modernize a section of downtown.

Hopefully the former RBC building at Jasper and 101 St. or Melcor's building at Jasper and 103.

Hopefully the former RBC building at Jasper and 101 St. or Melcor's building at Jasper and 103.

Both are great candidates for a facelift, but I will also suggest the tower portion for the old Epcor/Jacobs (did they ever move in?).
10004 Jasper Avenue also needs a modernization, that building is in a prime spot too (NW corner of Jasper Ave & 100 street)

The RBC building owned by Melcor was supposed to be and they were starting this year. However, with COVID and in turn the economic slump they have put it off. No idea how long they will be differing the reconstruction. Melcor's having some challenges this year as well.

The RBC building owned by Melcor was supposed to be and they were starting this year. However, with COVID and in turn the economic slump they have put it off. No idea how long they will be differing the reconstruction. Melcor's having some challenges this year as well.

Was this the impetus for the RBC branch closing and moving or did could they have stayed in the building while the renos were being completed?

Hopefully, one of those taller concrete towers on 98st south of Jasper. Just one with a popping color could be nice.
My hope as well. I would LOVE to see 9triple8 pull a WSP-esq reclad.

I was walking down 106 street the other night and noticed Highfield Place is now owned by Cidex Group. This building is largely empty from what I know, so perhaps a conversion is forthcoming?

20201202_194017.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder what they bought it for. An article online shows it was purchased in 2011 for $27.6m, had a slight podium reno in 2015, then sold in 2017 for $5.1m (ouch).

I do wonder though, how come it isn't fully leased up to the GoA? It fits the bill in every category.

Location? Check
Govt level office space quality? Check
Lack of any meaningful street interaction? Check

Back