News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Chinatown

“The EPS plan, however, says “crime and harm may shift from the focus area to the surrounding areas,” which could introduce “higher crime and harm rates in areas that are not accustomed to it.”” really?

meaning that there are “areas that are accustomed to higher crime and harm rates” so that makes it okay for them to continue to have higher crime and harm rates??

even though those higher crime and harm rates exist because we - including eps- have failed, not because those areas deserve higher crime and rates because of anything they have failed at???

^Depends if you're talking Boyle Street, McCauley or Central McDougall, all of which have some of Chinatown in it's boundaries. Those 3 areas have 16,614 residents.

Can't find that information on 2019 census data (if you want to look feel free), but I know from Downtown previously self-identified about 25% as Asian. Not that really matters if you care about Chinatown, a popular destination by Edmontonians from all over the city.

Can't find that information on 2019 census data (if you want to look feel free), but I know from Downtown previously self-identified about 25% as Asian. Not that really matters if you care about Chinatown, a popular destination by Edmontonians from all over the city.
I do care and want it to develop into a much larger vibrant community

Here's hoping this helps.

I heard from the Chinese community that the previous Director had zero connection to the community and did the bare minimum since they were an internally promoted candidate. I hope the new hire is external and has an actual connection to the community.

Back