2.6K     0 

Capital Line LRT

I think some street subtitles could work at certain LRT stations. For example:
(1) Century Park (23 Avenue)
(2) Southgate (51 Avenue)

Valley Line
(3) Grey Nuns (31 Avenue)
(4) Avonmore (73 Avenue)

I was thinking about the discussion on the video building the bridge at Henday on Valley Line West. There was debate about the LRT bridge on the Capital Line south whether it should be a truss bridge.

I think the angle of the bridge could add about 40% extra in distance (assuming a 45 degree angle to the crossing). I'm guessing girders would have to be extremely heavy to support the weight.

I wonder if a viable alternative could be a cable stayed flyover (like 170 Street) that could also support a curve.

I was thinking about the discussion on the video building the bridge at Henday on Valley Line West. There was debate about the LRT bridge on the Capital Line south whether it should be a truss bridge

I thought they were talking about the 170 St pedestrian bridge, because the latest renders for the Capital Line Henday bridge depict a double arch design.

I think some street subtitles could work at certain LRT stations. For example:
(1) Century Park (23 Avenue)
(2) Southgate (51 Avenue)

Valley Line
(3) Grey Nuns (31 Avenue)
(4) Avonmore (73 Avenue)
Perhaps some could use street subtitles, such as Avonmore, but most people have a good general idea where Century Park, Southgate and Grey Nuns are.

Single vehicle accident where a speeding pickup truck went over a median, struck a fence, and flew onto the Capital Line tracks Saturday. Doesn't appear any other vehicles including LRT vehicles were involved.

Re: capital line south,
Looks like the TBM is being removed from the northeast part of 111th street and 23rd ave intersection. The pump station has been poured and looks to be complete. That essentially wraps up most of the pre construction work that EllisDon was contracted to do, but with the delay in procuring a D-B partner, I’m sure they will continue as much drainage work along the alignment as possible

Yep, working under and around 23 Ave. I never saw the full thing but did see some components once.
IMG_6889.png

There's a survey going right now about new LRT seat layouts. City of Edmonton: LRT Seating Feedback. I don't like the current seating layout. I find the trains get super clogged up in the face to face seating area during rush hour. People don't squeeze into that area because getting in and out of it is a pain. I think option two is my personal favorite since it will fit the most people, but option three is certainly an improvement over the current design. The one thing I definitely want to see is the removal of the vertical metal bars in the center of the doors. Those things make boarding so much more difficult especially during peak hours. Thoughts anyone?
Layouts.png

Back