News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Canada Soccer

jason kenney not supporting edmonton's chances on something?

really? bwahahaha...

how could you think such a thing?

he's had our backs on every single file since the day the progressive conservative party implemented their death wish plans by electing him leader. hasn't he?

I've also sent an IG message to Kenney to step up for Edmonton on this file which will also benefit the province greatly.

This is all hands on deck now so continue to reach out on this if you care about this issue. This is huge for our city.
Are you apart of that voyagers group? Perhaps we can reach out to them to support our bid which has always been supported by fans and the city, despite our provincial governments delay.

Again, people need to speak up and let ministers and Kenney know.
I've spoken to two UCP MLAs and an UCP lobbyist in the past week about this, they're just as annoyed as we are and recommended the same thing. This can be huge for AB as a whole, keep hundreds go thousands of tourists in the province for over a month, showcasing our cities an our natural beauties.

Send to premier, finance and culture ministers below.
tbf.minister@gov.ab.ca
premier@gov.ab.ca
csw.minister@gov.ab.ca

Could use this if you want:

I was very disappointed to learn that the province is still reviewing Edmonton's request for provincial support for its World Cup bid.

Both the City of Edmonton, including a majority of its citizens, and the federal government are behind this bid with significant contributions. Certainly the ask of the province is significant, too, but this event will provide huge tourism and economic benefits for the province and for the sport of soccer and future events longer term.

The government needs to step up now as the city's bid is in real jeopardy. BC Premier Horgan has now come forward commiting support in Vancouver and Alberta may lose this one-time opportunity.

FIFA is planning its host selections and how games will be allocated in groups of cities and so on. This will be finalized within weeks.

Please support this opportunity and commit to it now.

Send to premier, finance and culture ministers below.
tbf.minister@gov.ab.ca
premier@gov.ab.ca
csw.minister@gov.ab.ca

Could use this if you want:

I was very disappointed to learn that the province is still reviewing Edmonton's request for provincial support for its World Cup bid.

Both the City of Edmonton, including a majority of its citizens, and the federal government are behind this bid with significant contributions. Certainly the ask of the province is significant, too, but this event will provide huge tourism and economic benefits for the province and for the sport of soccer and future events longer term.

The government needs to step up now as the city's bid is in real jeopardy. BC Premier Horgan has now come forward commiting support in Vancouver and Alberta may lose this one-time opportunity.

FIFA is planning its host selections and how games will be allocated in groups of cities and so on. This will be finalized within weeks.

Please support this opportunity and commit to it now.
This could not be less surprising at all. If it doesn't benefit Calgary, it doesn't benefit Alberta. With all the trumpeting Kenny goes around doing about jobs and investment and building Alberta back for Calgary you'd think this would be an absolute no brainer, and if this were Calgary in the running Kenny wouldn't even think twice. In fact, he'd make sure Calgary got the funding and support. The fact that he continues to dither on this despite the known benefits speaks more to how little interest he has in anything that benefits Edmonton. If it doesn't benefit Calgary, it doesn't benefit Alberta.

Again, i hope people speak up. Even in this forum, it's great to spend the time voicing displeasure here, which I have done and I appreciate this outlet haha, but the cause is much better served leaving a voice mail to government ministers offices or an email.

Glad Terry Jones has done two articles in three days on this topic.

If Edmonton was in fact even being considered for the March qualifying game against Jamaica, that may be impacted if in fact Soccer Canada has been softening to Edmonton because of lack of provincial support.

Back