News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Anthony Henday Drive

Looks like the final steel guard rails are complete on the south bound side. Went under the Bridge on Sunday. Still full shoring material is in place. Figured that would be gone by now.

Alberta 511 has an end date for the North Saskatchewan River Bridges of December 1. What is left to do, paving or some other items? If it is paving, is it too late to do that even with the nice weather lately?

Alberta 511 has an end date for the North Saskatchewan River Bridges of December 1. What is left to do, paving or some other items? If it is paving, is it too late to do that even with the nice weather lately?
Paving looked done for the new lane on the southbound bridge yesterday, but they need to resurface the existing lanes.

Southbound lanes were open this morning, freaked a few drivers out. The lane marking is done on both sides. North bound still has the light standards to go in and some approach work.

Update: They did open a new lane but there is still a barrier up along the lane to protect the workers. So lanes are narrow. I figure they need the space to remove all the wood from beneath the bridge.

Last edited:
I wonder if they're going to finish the SB Whitemud bridge. It just seemed, slapped together?
Funding?

Definite improvement this morning on the south bound west leg. Traffic moved quite well until 111st.

With this bridge work seemingly wrapped up are we going to be done with Anthony Henday construction (other than the valley line west bridge work) for a while ?

With this bridge work seemingly wrapped up are we going to be done with Anthony Henday construction (other than the valley line west bridge work) for a while ?

The north section of the Henday from Campbell Road to Manning Drive is still 2 lanes per direction instead of 3 lanes per direction. But I'm betting we may need to wait a while for that work to happen until higher priorities are taken care of.

The north section of the Henday from Campbell Road to Manning Drive is still 2 lanes per direction instead of 3 lanes per direction. But I'm betting we may need to wait a while for that work to happen until higher priorities are taken care of.
Or the SE side from 50st to the Whitemud East is only 2 lanes as well. Noticed that they FINALLY have wrapped up the 17st bridge expansion that took 5+ yrs to add an extra lane.

The SB Henday bridge OVER the Whitemud?
Yeah, correct this bridge. It seems half completed. I can't tell if they're going to just leave it as is or if they meant to finish it.
I guess I'll find my answer in time regardless

Capture.PNG

This one? This is the new NB bridge over the WM......looks alright to me?

That's NB, I'm talking about SB. They extended the bridge deck but didn't create a new lane, just a turn off instead with unused bridge space.

Yeah, that's how it's supposed to end up - the SPR/AHD interchange has something similar where there's basically a lane of dead space between the straight and turn lanes.

My guess is that AT wants to build a W-S flyover ramp in the near future -- the area around the Hamptons / Cameron Heights is exploding.

Last edited:

Back