News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Anthony Henday Drive

the Northbound bridge was 3 lanes last night on my commute home. I loved how everyone was moving to the left as they came down the hill. Had a clear lane right across. This mornings commute was 31 minutes from my door to the office. Best so far. and it takes me 10 minutes to get out of St Al. The only area that is a concern is the east bound from 127st to QE2 and Gateway turnoff. But this morning everyone were driving crazy. but kept the speeds up.

I missed this, but the 137 Ave interchange is getting built? Right now it's just a flyover...

I hope AT considers widening NW/N Henday next, which is also at two lanes and is pretty much as congested. The whole situation just east of Campbell Road where EB Henday goes from three to two lanes over a bridge is.... Not ideal, to but it mildly.

I hope not, same with 50 St whenever it gets built. Not every road that crosses a freeway needs to be an interchange. Same with Terwillegar.

I hope not, same with 50 St whenever it gets built. Not every road that crosses a freeway needs to be an interchange. Same with Terwillegar.
If you’re worried about safe interchange spacing, I don’t think we need to worry about 137 Ave. However, 50th Street is a little too close to the Manning Drive interchange.

I missed this, but the 137 Ave interchange is getting built? Right now it's just a flyover...

I hope AT considers widening NW/N Henday next, which is also at two lanes and is pretty much as congested. The whole situation just east of Campbell Road where EB Henday goes from three to two lanes over a bridge is.... Not ideal, to but it mildly.
That will take some load off 184st interchange. Most of the work was predone so the real work is the base grading and paving.

Looks like its real for the 137 Ave ramps. Also I wonder if 112 St was planned for a future flyover.

The grading is there but it seems pointless. No development is planned for beyond the Henday at that location.

That was supposed to be the case but Edmonton lost the fight on that one. Sturgeon Valley will be Sturgeon County's version of Sherwood Park, basically another St Albert next door to the original.

That was supposed to be the case but Edmonton lost the fight on that one. Sturgeon Valley will be Sturgeon County's version of Sherwood Park, basically another St Albert next door to the original.
Thats right, first time hearing about that but its a Sturgeon Valley South ASP from May earlier this year.
1701555081371.png

Back