7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Alberta Politics

Update on municipal low-income transit pass program: Minister Nixon​

May 01, 2024 Media inquiries
Minister of Seniors, Community and Social Services Jason Nixon issued the following statement after speaking with Calgary and Edmonton mayors:
“Alberta’s government understands the need to support low-income Albertans. That’s why we provide direct transit subsidies to Albertans on income support and AISH in communities across the province, including Calgary and Edmonton.
“Calgary and Edmonton also run their own transit program, which the province subsidizes.
“Following conversations with the two largest cities, it is clear that the cities are not able to pay for their full programs at this time. As a result, Alberta’s government will continue to extend this funding to the cities and work with them to ensure their low-income transit program continues to be funded in the future.”

I don't see any way this can be considered pro-business or good governance. More evidence the move to pause renewables was pure pettiness to attack an industry they don't like.

Keep it up Danni! We'll just chalk this up as another FAIL against you and your BS Party. Keep 'em coming so that even one day your "Central Albertan red-neck yahoos" will wake up and find that you're no different than Trump.....yee-haw!!!!

I don't see any way this can be considered pro-business or good governance. More evidence the move to pause renewables was pure pettiness to attack an industry they don't like.
The gift that keeps on giving.

Here is Mayor Sohi's April 2 letter to the Premier. I'm almost certain she didn't read the letter but simply used it to line her birdcage.

Back