8K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Alberta Politics

You’re wrong.

Is that succinct enough? :)

haha, perhaps too succinct, but I do appreciate the brevity! ;)

the-big-lebowski-thats-like-your-opinion-man-2504167251.gif

Ok, here's Danielle Smith wondering why oncologists can't keep up with their patient load (it's a 60sec clip below).

She's questioning the shortage of oncologists. She says there are 23,000 new cancer cases every year and 120 oncologists in Alberta. That's 191 patients for each oncologist, she says. That means less than a patient per day, she says.

OMG. Does she think an oncologist only sees a new patient once per year? And what about the patients the year before that and so on? Do those just drop off the list because it's a new year? For instance, after finishing treatment for breast cancer, for the next 5 years, you'll see your oncologist and other members of your health care team on a regular basis. Depending on your situation, you'll see them 1-4 times a year (googled that) - and that's after successful treatment.
Oncologists are constantly being sent new test results from their patient load that require review/analysis etc. And then of course there are different types of oncologists - focusing on surgery, chemo or radiation.

Screenshot_20240831_172416_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
💯 % this:

"Buying a party membership shouldn’t mean becoming a VIP to exclusive government policy announcements."

"...when it comes to changes in health care, taxes, spending and policing, Albertans shouldn’t have to try to piece together belated accounts or leaks from private party events. If decisions have been made on significant new policy initiatives, the premier and cabinet ministers should be announcing them publicly to all Albertans."

I don't think Smith has even another 6 months left in office. The right has a tendency to eat their own. She is doomed at the next leadership review.
As much as I would love to believe this I don't think there is a back bone that will withstand and change. We have Danny and the UCP for a couple of more years.

💯 % this:

"Buying a party membership shouldn’t mean becoming a VIP to exclusive government policy announcements."

"...when it comes to changes in health care, taxes, spending and policing, Albertans shouldn’t have to try to piece together belated accounts or leaks from private party events. If decisions have been made on significant new policy initiatives, the premier and cabinet ministers should be announcing them publicly to all Albertans."

I think even Smith realizes some of the harebrained and kooky ideas being announced recently would not be well received if announced to a more non partisan audience.

So she tries to quietly float these trial balloons to a sympathetic crowd, which end up sinking like lead ones anyways..

In the Sept. 3 letter obtained by Postmedia, Transportation and Economic Corridors Minister Devin Dreeshen calls the revised concept of the southeast-to-downtown Green Line LRT plan in Calgary a wasteful disaster and states the province can't in good conscience follow through with its $1.53-billion funding share.

Back