News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

10308 116 Street | ?m | ?s | Leston Holdings | Arc Studio

_urbanite

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was driving down 116 street and noticed a rezoning sign up at the NW corner of 116 street and 103 Ave. I didn't get a good look, but from what I saw it looked like it included the walk-up building on that corner + a property to the N of it.

@Avenuer do you have any info on this?
Screenshot_20201217-141053_Maps.jpg

Last edited:
D.2. Leston Holdings (Rezoning)
Abe Salloum - ARC Studio

Motion of support with conditions.
The Applicant is encouraged to consider:
● Further investigating the built form and building interfaces along the 116 Street
and 103 Avenue frontages. In particular, both the southeast corner condition
and the 103 Avenue elevation should be further explored to ensure the built
form, building interface and landscape treatment appropriately responds to the
specific streetscape conditions in these locations.
● Further exploring winter city design strategies for building and landscape design
to improve the year-round experience.
● Including the elevations and site plans presented to the Committee in the
Appendices of the Direct Control regulation. Elevations and site plans may vary
based on the Applicant’s response to the above considerations.

CARRIED

Looks pretty alright although the west elevation is a bit bland, even if it does front onto an alleyway. It actually just occurred to me upon viewing it for a while that this is not a greyscale image... I hope they add a little bit of colour to it, but the design is solid

I like the design BUT do not like the West and South elevations. They are obviously working with the site they have given the lots all front east on 116th Street. There are few West facing balconies to enjoy the sun and they are very small. I assume these are rentals. If they could have managed the larger corner balconies to orientate SE and SW - if they were condos these corner units would sell quickly.

Back