7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

103 Avenue Civic Precinct Renewal

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
When is 104st going to get beautiful pavers and become car free? That’s where we should actually be investing.

It needs some love again in about 5yrs, but please not car free all the time as it's a disservice much of the time.

Weekends or a Friday night, sure, but as we have seen and demonstrated, it's much better that way than permanent options.

I voted don’t like after walking 103rd avenue. It’s barren and bleak. The only activity was 2 drug dealers in front of the retirement apartment hanging out at the door there who approached us for a sale. It’s sad they could not have followed the hard surface design that is on the other side of 101 Street in Ice District which is quite nice.

Investment should be where people want to be, or where private investment is already occurring. This 'build it and they will come' doesn't work in Edmonton where there isn't private investment waiting to happen or the market is super buoyant.

RHW is definitely the priority but don't beleive it's funded until the next cycle. There are discussions to see how that can be sped up, especially the portion around Rice Howard Place when it renovates.

104 Street streescaping was completed in 1998. It's been 25 years. The City's infrastructure cycle is 30-40 years, but can be sped up if there's political will and money.

FYI 103 Avenue is being paved 101 to 110 Streets starting in June. The sidewalk pavers north of ECC parkade are in terrible shape and there have been some discussions what to do about that.

Investment should be where people want to be, or where private investment is already occurring. This 'build it and they will come' doesn't work in Edmonton where there isn't private investment waiting to happen or the market is super buoyant.

RHW is definitely the priority but don't beleive it's funded until the next cycle. There are discussions to see how that can be sped up, especially the portion around Rice Howard Place when it renovates.

104 Street streescaping was completed in 1998. It's been 25 years. The City's infrastructure cycle is 30-40 years, but can be sped up if there's political will and money.

FYI 103 Avenue is being paved 101 to 110 Streets starting in June. The sidewalk pavers north of ECC parkade are in terrible shape and there have been some discussions what to do about that.
Hallelujah! I've been praying that stretch got paved sooner than later....especially up to 104th - All the new Ice District buildings with a substandard road. Concerned that as soon as it gets paved.....they'll start ripping it up around the District like they do every year.....

From late last week. Some progress -Trees have been planted.

20230606_130542.jpg
20230606_130422.jpg
20230606_130326.jpg

^
are you sure it’s beavers and not a new city design standard to make sure there is continuity of appearance across the city regardless of how new or old things are?

i think it was pioneered with the various jasper avenue iterations of “decrepit from day one” - poor design decisions followed by even poorer maintenance. :(

^
are you sure it’s beavers and not a new city design standard to make sure there is continuity of appearance across the city regardless of how new or old things are?

i think it was pioneered with the various jasper avenue iterations of “decrepit from day one” - poor design decisions followed by even poorer maintenance. :(

I posted on 311 anyway. See what happens.

Back