News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Miscellaneous

Could Clareview finally be the city's TOD success story?

I really hope so, because up till this point Clareview has been the poster child for "Transit-Adjacent Development". The station is surrounded by parking lots, all the apartments nearby face AWAY from the station, and all the surrounding commercial is just big-box strip malls. The city really messed up with that, but I do hope this development does better.

Okay, I did some digging and found this page from Reztark Design Studios showcasing "The Pointe At Clareview", and WOW. This is a really interesting master plan and, while the renders are very shiny and this is probably just a concept, it would be amazing for the station and area to have something even remotely like this happen. Does anyone here know if these plans have actual weight or not?

https://reztark.com/en/portfolio-item/the-pointe-at-clareview/

1715720138270.png

1715720230945.png

1715720254602.png

1715720292596.png

Okay, I did some digging and found this page from Reztark Design Studios showcasing "The Pointe At Clareview", and WOW. This is a really interesting master plan and, while the renders are very shiny and this is probably just a concept, it would be amazing for the station and area to have something even remotely like this happen. Does anyone here know if these plans have actual weight or not?

View attachment 563884
View attachment 563885
View attachment 563886
View attachment 563887
I wonder if any of this is currently under construction right now? Apparently almost 900 units have broken ground……🤷

View attachment 563884
View attachment 563885
View attachment 563886
View attachment 563887
I found this sales post from Avison Young. Very much looks like its been chopped up into separate developments. Likely generic 4-6 story ones as everything else in that area is.

You can align the site map with the rendered concept to see that there are already major differences...
The construction effort so far seems to be general site servicing and so there are no firm building concepts as yet -- if you want to read the developer's general intent (no specifics) you can check it out here -- https://jldevelopments.ca/wp-conten...nte-at-Clareview-Architectural-Guidelines.pdf It seems as if the General Developer may be parceling specific sites out to other builders.
Screen Shot 2024-05-14 at 2.35.58 PM.png

And while @Platinum107 's discovery was exciting there seems to be no actual relationship between that Site Planner and the Developer and so the foregoing renderings are not much more than eye-candy.

Last edited:
View attachment 564032

Drove by this little plot of land this morning on Gateway. There's a sign on site for leasing opportunities for medical, retail, etc. and a render of what is going to be built there.
You bet'cha there is.....we've discussed this project a while ago. Been proposed for over a year and half now....so....

In other news of the same area - the Old Whitemud Inn - as we know has been demolished - just south of 51st Ave - AND there is currently construction taking place....

You bet'cha there is.....we've discussed this project a while ago. Been proposed for over a year and half now....so....

In other news of the same area - the Old Whitemud Inn - as we know has been demolished - just south of 51st Ave - AND there is currently construction taking place....
I don't think the two signs have been there for that long. I drive by there pretty much every morning and they just caught my eye this morning.

Maybe I'm wrong...

You can align the site map with the rendered concept to see that there are already major differences...
The construction effort so far seems to be general site servicing and so there are no firm building concepts as yet -- if you want to read the developer's general intent (no specifics) you can check it out here -- https://jldevelopments.ca/wp-conten...nte-at-Clareview-Architectural-Guidelines.pdf It seems as if the General Developer may be parceling specific sites out to other builders.
View attachment 563899
And while @Platinum107 's discovery was exciting there seems to be no actual relationship between that Site Planner and the Developer and so the foregoing renderings are not much more than eye-candy.

Shoot, that's kinda what I was feeling was going on here ☹️ looks very toned down, but hopefully still better than what currently exists

Back