News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

Imperial Oil has been continuing with moving immense amounts of earth on the Texaco refinery/tank farm site. I have to stop for pics next time I'm out that way, it's almost shocking to see. I initially thought it was for reclamation efforts prior to building their renewable diesel plant, but that's being built within the Strathcona refinery.

So I'm not sure what they're up to. Maybe still reclamation efforts (lord knows there probably is substantial amounts required), but I've heard a rumor it's for another major rail terminal. Which would make sense, but IOL previously partnered with Pembina (or Kinder Morgan?) on that massive race track lookin' rail terminal off 17st. Nothing about it on AB Major Projects I can find.

IMG_6047.jpeg

Hudson’s Bay who? The only time I walk into the one at Southgate is for new batteries for the many watches in my household. Which I’m told the watch repair shop brings in north of 350K/year for the store…..that’s probably enough to pay their rent for the year.

Can someone please take this company out back by the tool shed and blow it's brains out? So now YVR's DT location is next to be closed I hear......what's left?

Wait what?! A new AHS building to hold “64 ambulances.” Where did this come from and where is it built?
IMG_1884.png

NM - found it - should have known it'd be a non-descript industrial warehouse that look like a 1000 others in the city.

Chris Lane
https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-l...ofile:ACoAABAbrUkBbd77P8atqzmtCntjztan84B1YPw
Our EllisDon Special Projects division are excited to begin mobilization at Sir Frederick Haultain Building in Edmonton this week. This 8 storey building on 109 St, constructed in 1959, will undergo a complete interior building renovation, exterior glass replacement and stone improvements. Once complete, this building will provide best-in-class energy efficient office-space for our Client Alberta Infrastructure . Looking forward to seeing this beautiful building being restored to new glory.

Driving by I see this apartment was torn down and there's excavators on the site. Is something proposed for this site?

Back