News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

Honestly, both master plans weren’t great for connecting LRT to the airport terminal. The last one used a branch spur that would have resulted in poor frequencies to an otherwise major destination, with the possibility of needing an extra transfer. And of course, this new plan gave up on connectivity to the terminal altogether. I would have liked to see a plan that involves a diversion of the LRT to the terminal and then back to the mall.

Also, I’m disappointed to see the lack of provisions in the new plan for a freight rail spur from Canadian Pacific to the cargo development. If the airport seriously wants to be an inland port, it needs rail connectivity, which would also be useful for an airport express line.

If the airport seriously wants to be an inland port, it needs rail connectivity, which would also be useful for an airport express line.
They aren't serious, that's why the plan says they will focus on only part of the cargo development over the next 24 years then the rest beyond 2048.

I cannot fathom how anyone can say they are serious about anything then be taken serious by the market when you plan for it to take 40+ years from the first MOU signed in 2007 to do only a part of the plan

They aren't serious, that's why the plan says they will focus on only part of the cargo development over the next 24 years then the rest beyond 2048.

I cannot fathom how anyone can say they are serious about anything then be taken serious by the market when you plan for it to take 40+ years from the first MOU signed in 2007 to do only a part of the plan
Overbuilding is as much of a risk as being under ambitious. See Prince George airport in 2009. They expanded their runway to 11,400 feet for flights that never came.

https://www.princegeorgecitizen.com...rt-runway-nearing-end-of-its-lifespan-6675136
While the cargo has been slow to develop, there has been progress since 2007 with new cargo terminals. The authority's job is to make sure the aprons and taxiways are there and appropriately sized to let investments happen. The terminals themselves are up to private operators.

Not sure what loads have been like on KLM lately but anecdotally, the flights I took the last two weeks were completely packed. Like 95-100%. I hope this service is expanded in the future, it is fantastic.

Will see what happens.

Although I see that KLM is adding a 2nd daily flight ✈️ for Toronto YYZ route in Canada 🇨🇦 from end of March 2024 for Spring/Summer season.

Will see what happens.

Although I see that KLM is adding a 2nd daily flight ✈️ for Toronto YYZ route in Canada 🇨🇦 from end of March 2024 for Spring/Summer season.
Why do you come to the YEG thread? Most of your posts have literally absolutely nothing to do with YEG whatsoever. You should strongly consider going to a general forum like airliners.net where your posts would be more relevant to the discussion topic, going to the proper airport forum that’s the topic of your post, or just f****ing off altogether.

Your posts are so irrelevant to the thread that I’d swear you were a bot if it weren’t for the fact I’ve seen your irrelevant posts across multiple sites.

Why do you come to the YEG thread? Most of your posts have literally absolutely nothing to do with YEG whatsoever. You should strongly consider going to a general forum like airliners.net where your posts would be more relevant to the discussion topic, going to the proper airport forum that’s the topic of your post, or just f****ing off altogether.

Your posts are so irrelevant to the thread that I’d swear you were a bot if it weren’t for the fact I’ve seen your irrelevant posts across multiple sites.
Well this is quite hostile. Tone it down bud, it’s not a bad thing to have guys like VanFan posting to gauge what’s happening in other airports.

IMG_6310.jpeg

Korean Air flight ✈️ 71, as it was descending into the Vancouver (YVR) area, BC Canada 🇨🇦, from Seoul Incheon (ICN), South Korea 🇰🇷.

Pretty skies on a mid afternoon WestJet flight from YVR - YEG.
IMG_6332.jpeg
IMG_6333.jpeg

I, for one, appreciate the contributions that are made, even withstanding some of the comments that may be slightly off topic.

If it causes you so much concern, I believe there is an ignore function available that may be quite useful for your needs.

Back