News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Rossdale Discussion

Good point. There isn't a monopoly on ideas and other mayoral candidates had some ideas worth considering and implementing.

While I don't think every other mayoral candidate would be magnanimous, some would and probably would probably be glad to have some of the ideas they put forth get considered further and implemented.
That would be a refreshing approach.

akdfoskev9t71.jpg
Wow, I just realised how refreshing it has been not to hear his name come up in the news.

I'd love to see this north of ReMax Field and west along 96/97ave.
View attachment 451401
https://b0895756-61e8-4f02-8877-c0af...f9a56a27dd.pdf

Me too. Lots of great images inside that link. And in all the images, as in the one above, I like how they always showcase the vibrancy of these proposed areas and there are virtually No vehicles in sight.
Where is all the traffic in the image above? Where are all the parked cars on the street? This is a proposal for a place called Montreal. Where is this Utopia?

Screenshot_20230119-120217_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20230119-120246_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
At the upcoming June 23rd Exec Committee there is a report in response to Councillor Paquette's motion from August 2022 City Council Meeting (following the failed gondola project):

That Administration provide a report to Committee:

1. Outlining a potential governance structure that empowers Indigenous Memorandum of Understanding partners and communities with historical and cultural connections to Rossdale to provide direct input on the implementation of the River Crossing Business plan, Touch the Water and future developments on the Rossdale flats location.
2. Summarizing the City of Edmonton’s current approach to private development and land use on locations of special cultural, spiritual or historical significance.

Contents of this report goes live sometime in mid-June.

At the upcoming June 23rd Exec Committee there is a report in response to Councillor Paquette's motion from August 2022 City Council Meeting (following the failed gondola project):

That Administration provide a report to Committee:

1. Outlining a potential governance structure that empowers Indigenous Memorandum of Understanding partners and communities with historical and cultural connections to Rossdale to provide direct input on the implementation of the River Crossing Business plan, Touch the Water and future developments on the Rossdale flats location.
2. Summarizing the City of Edmonton’s current approach to private development and land use on locations of special cultural, spiritual or historical significance.

Contents of this report goes live sometime in mid-June.
thank god, i knew touch the water was still in play!

I agree the Power Plant site should be developed as a market space and it, in addition the new bridge, would be a great draw for both locals and tourists.

The inertia here related to this site is both sad and frustrating. This is one case where you can go many other cities and see where people had more vision and initiative to make something appealing and attractive out of old industrial sites.

Elements of this for the PP redevelopment.
53138419893_cb44065e53_h.jpg

North Vancouver by Ian, on Flickr
They have done a remarkable job with the Shipyards development. When I lived there they were just starting all of it and that area had so much potential. It is fantastic now.

If we can get even an ounce of this. Like even if the powerplant ends up as a bigger Lonsdale Quay, Edmonton will be so much better off.

Back