News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Rossdale Discussion

I wonder if something would also work in Rossdale. There is a big old brick building there will some unused space next to it too.
For my own selfish reasons, I agree.

I genuinely think a cafe or some sort of restaurant could survive and thrive in Rossdale. Dogpatch and Little Brick seem to do fine in Riverdale and I'd argue that's gotta be a harder spot than Rossdale to make a restaurant living with.

For my own selfish reasons, I agree.

I genuinely think a cafe or some sort of restaurant could survive and thrive in Rossdale. Dogpatch and Little Brick seem to do fine in Riverdale and I'd argue that's gotta be a harder spot than Rossdale to make a restaurant living with.
I'd disagree, since Riverdale has a larger residential population than Rossdale to provide customers. Rossdale is quite small and far enough from Downtown that it wouldn't be much of a destination for office workers either.

I'd disagree, since Riverdale has a larger residential population than Rossdale to provide customers. Rossdale is quite small and far enough from Downtown that it wouldn't be much of a destination for office workers either.
However, Rossdale is also close to main transit and traffic routes, so a business there could draw from that and it is a more visible location.

Political will and further Indigenous engagement/involvement are needed.
The indigenous peoples could power this through ... get the Feds and City next and squeeze and bust balls of the UCP to bring them along for their 1/3.

Except that in its current state it is pass-thru for 99% of people.

We need to realign, reprioritize and create a more walkable, mixed-use area.
Of course its a pass through, because there is nothing for people to stop for now. I think something could be successful by serving both the nearby community and people going by the area.

I am hopeful that will be the case over the next 5-10-25 years.

It is one of our best opportunities and missing spaces.

That is why if I were Sohi, I would have created a special projects team with some of the other mayoralty candidates:
Michael Oshry - he was passionate about Rossdale development and getting power plant/gondola going - let him run with that.
Kim Krushell - she had ideas around tech and innovation and bringing related events to Roger's Place
Mike Nickel - he would be perfect to help the city implement its $200million bike plan so it is finished by 2026

But seriously, why not build a team of some of those passionate Edmonton leaders to take on some of these files.

Last edited:
That is why if I were Sohi, I would have created a special projects team with some of the other mayoralty candidates:
Michael Oshry - he was passionate about Rossdale development and getting power plant/gondola going - let him run with that.
Kim Krushell - she had ideas around tech and innovation and bringing related events to Roger's Place
Mike Nickel - he would be perfect to help the city implement its $200million bike plan so it is finished by 2026

But seriously, why not build a team of some of those passionate Edmonton leaders to take on some of these files.
akdfoskev9t71.jpg

Good point. There isn't a monopoly on ideas and other mayoral candidates had some ideas worth considering and implementing.

While I don't think every other mayoral candidate would be magnanimous, some would and probably would probably be glad to have some of the ideas they put forth get considered further and implemented.

Back