News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Misc. Parks and Greenspace Projects

I also think we're actually on the same page here. Doesn't seem like anyone is against bike lanes per se. I guess in my view we just need to (collectively) do a better job at calling out the city for failing to take care of the very basics of the basics while at the same time announcing new projects. Can't ignore what you got and just buy new stuff. It's like I tell my kids... if you want a new toy you better clean your room first.
(*Edit: no need to tell me that bike lanes are not 'toys'...i'm just trying to make a point here)

Myself on the contrary....love Elms all day, every day - best tree canopy on the planet. Sorry, these "100's of trees are newly planted?" By the Chevron / Remax office?
I think you misunderstood. I adore elm trees, they’re absolutely magnificent. That being said, planting them in rows with no degree of separation increases the risk of Dutch Elm Disease spreading. I’m obviously not an arborist so I can’t say for sure if it’d work but I think planting rows of elms, lindens, and ash trees or other good canopy trees would be better.

Park.png

This must be up around Quarry ridge. Or its all that land that is being used for farming right now in Quarry ridge.

This must be up around Quarry ridge. Or its all that land that is being used for farming right now in Quarry ridge.
Given they state they're converting from a childrens camp to a public park, plus the very fast opening date of summer 2023, I will assume the City is taking over the "Our Lady Queen of Peace" land.

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 11.39.34 AM.png

Last edited:
Had to be an expensive parcel of land. Could be a happening area with the new bridge going in down the way and if a new neighborhood sprouts up. This area is kind of the last big area for North Edmonton to see growth.

Still not a lot of users but a great bike ride. The sand pits need to be reclaimed. That could be one hell of an urban park. Also for history buffs. Where the vehicle lot is in the image Identified as Eden Pure Skin. lies the once venerable Motoraunt

Can one (or some) of you please bring back the Motoraunt? It can be located in the river valley near Rossdale or Kinsman Park.
Would have to build another one, The original is pretty beaten up now.

Back