News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Miscellaneous

Its too bad about Miniso. COVID was really tough on retailers and yes, Whyte Ave space is generally more expensive, so if things aren't great there are a lots of stores that don't make it.

You have to wonder with all the vacancy on Whyte Ave if lease rates have or will become more reasonable. Interestingly, nothing in Southpark yet - the retail space is still empty and I think its been around a year now.

I can only guess that the premium is so high that even if there were interested businesses, they probably decided to go elsewhere.

There has been some work on the outer rear portion of the former Scona Cycle location by Mill Creek bridge. And all the windows are covered by brown paper. Curious to see if they are going to subdivide this space or have another large user.

Its too bad about Miniso. COVID was really tough on retailers and yes, Whyte Ave space is generally more expensive, so if things aren't great there are a lots of stores that don't make it.

You have to wonder with all the vacancy on Whyte Ave if lease rates have or will become more reasonable. Interestingly, nothing in Southpark yet - the retail space is still empty and I think its been around a year now.
Wrong side of the street + high rates + limited demand.

Drove by this lot (9724 105 Street) and saw it being cleared today and noticed was rezoned late last year to "high density residential". Previously approved in 2009 for a 26 storey tower. Something to keep on the radar.

View attachment 326161
Source: Google Streetview
Another Evertrust project (Muttart Lands towers)
---

Nicholas Hrebien
• 1st
Commercial Real Estate I Cushman & Wakefield Edmonton I Sales, Leasing & Investment
2m • 2 minutes ago

SOLD ✔️ 9724 105 STREET, EDMONTON AB

Grateful to have been able to represent Evertrust Development Group Canada Inc. in acquiring ±22,295 SF of High Density Development Lands located at 9724 105th Street in Downtown Edmonton. The Lands are well located along 105th Street, optimal for future development with access to Edmonton’s Downtown and River Valley

Shoutout to John Frederickson & Ian Newman for all their hard work as well as a special thanks to Ted Zhou and his entire team over at Evertrust Development Group Canada Inc. for their patience and diligence throughout the entire process!

I assume that Evertrust is the company building the pair of towers on the Muttart lands…..and this could be another potential project?

Back