Stationlands Residential Towers | 90m | 25s | Qualico | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters

STATION LANDS WILL BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO AN IMPORTANT PART OF EDMONTON'S DOWNTOWN​

Our cities are becoming denser, and we see increasing demand for downtown environments that meet all the criteria people expect from a vibrant urban community. The mixed-use developments we're exploring for Station Lands have the potential to fulfill these demands while creating some of the most engaging social hubs in our city. Our approach to development will provide new ways for people to connect—and stay connected—to their neighbours, local businesses, and their city.
Station-Lands-efde6376.jpeg

Qualico Properties has begun the next phase of construction on Station Lands. This involves the redevelopment of a former CN railyard on over 9 acres.
The current plans for Station Lands support city-wide growth policies, energy sustainability objectives, arts and culture policy, and provides much needed new housing in an area yearning for revitalization.

"Critical underground work has begun to expand on what was completed in Phase 1. This will enable Phase 2 to rise out of the ground early this coming summer."

Is that a picture of just the phase two building? It's hard for me to tell whether the indent in the middle is part of the building, or shows a gap with another building that will come later.

Last edited:
Excellent Find 'O! The rendered model looks very detail specific suggesting that what we see here is what we might well expect to get. This project is extremely well thought out from a Retail and Hospitality perspective -- hopefully, if "ground floor" locations are maintained specifically for "active locations" (no so-called service entities like banks, insurance offices and the like), then the Qualico Street will become one of Edmonton's premier retail/entertainment constructs. Reference the introduction Qualico is providing for interests in that area...

Hmmmmmm………interesting how they say “phase 2”……..but yet so vague about said phase……could it be they are building BOTH buildings at the same time? Both the 16 storey and adjacent 25 storey? The project says $185M…..surely the 16 storey does not cost that much alone? So it must include the 25 storey unit as well right? I mean the CNIB is budgeted at $82M for a 32’er

Hmmmmmm………interesting how they say “phase 2”……..but yet so vague about said phase……could it be they are building BOTH buildings at the same time? Both the 16 storey and adjacent 25 storey? The project says $185M…..surely the 16 storey does not cost that much alone? So it must include the 25 storey unit as well right? I mean the CNIB is budgeted at $82M for a 32’er
phase 1 was epcor tower…

A weird thought I have been having is the legacy Qualico will leave on Edmonton’s downtown. I think in a few decades, Station Lands will be recognized as one of the most pivotal initiatives for downtown and its transformation, perhaps even beyond the ICE District.

The fact they built the first office high rise tower in over 20 years in Edmonton was impressive enough, but to build the project with such long development timelines and so much forethought to building out a larger community is brilliant. I don’t see many other developers around here able to put something like this together—but I suppose few developers are institutions like Qualico with the means to pull this off.

Excellent Find 'O! The rendered model looks very detail specific suggesting that what we see here is what we might well expect to get. This project is extremely well thought out from a Retail and Hospitality perspective -- hopefully, if "ground floor" locations are maintained specifically for "active locations" (no so-called service entities like banks, insurance offices and the like), then the Qualico Street will become one of Edmonton's premier retail/entertainment constructs. Reference the introduction Qualico is providing for interests in that area...
Well, most of the banks have already flocked to Ice District, or should we call it the Bank District now? Do the banks just get together and have a secret meeting and all decide where to go? It sort of seems like it.

In any event, I think Qualico will have to go after more active retail. Maybe their timing is better, with COVID ending and the economy recovering.

Well, most of the banks have already flocked to Ice District, or should we call it the Bank District now? Do the banks just get together and have a secret meeting and all decide where to go? It sort of seems like it.

In any event, I think Qualico will have to go after more active retail. Maybe their timing is better, with COVID ending and the economy recovering.
The big banks in Canada survive and thrive by name recognition. There are many smaller, more nimble banks that can do 95% of the job with lower fees and better rates. People just trust and are aware of the big banks more, so that's who they go with.

Ice District banks will be high profile and get plenty of screen time during the NHL panning shots. This is what they care about.

It's why McDonald's wanted in... brand recognition/placement and maybe some sales.

Back