Falcon Towers | 170m | 44s | Langham Developments | Arc Studio

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Does that mean phase 2 might be 4+ years out? I'd imagine they would do it all at once if they were confident in starting tower 2 soon...

And wasn't the podium connected in renderings? Does this mean it won't be?

The linking portion of the podium (or foundation at least) that connects the 2 towers might be included in phase 1 hence the bigger pit being dug.

Look at Icon I/II, Falcon I/II.

Phased works for a variety of reasons including site logistics, financing/pre-sales and capacity.
I was in elementary school when those got built haha. What was the process? They did one and then connected the podium for the second a year or 2 later? Any pics of when there was just 1?

@thommyjo the podiums are not connected in the sense that you can walk through them from the inside if that is what you are getting at. There is simply a wall (cinder block I believe) that the second building was simply attached to for both Icon and Fox projects. If it was not feasible to build a second tower, EIFS would probably have just been added to the wall.

Ok, cool. I guess that makes sense! Always makes me sad though to realize we have to
Phase developments of 2 30story apartments when Vancouver and Toronto can master plan 10 tower neighbourhoods and essentially build them simultaneously 😔 i feel like we could see change so fast if the economics would work to enable that. Hard to accept that it'll be 1-3 towers per a year for another decade to really get to where we need to be. Seems like even Calgary is pumping out a lot of 2 and 3 tower projects fast now.

Ok, cool. I guess that makes sense! Always makes me sad though to realize we have to
Phase developments of 2 30story apartments when Vancouver and Toronto can master plan 10 tower neighbourhoods and essentially build them simultaneously 😔 i feel like we could see change so fast if the economics would work to enable that. Hard to accept that it'll be 1-3 towers per a year for another decade to really get to where we need to be. Seems like even Calgary is pumping out a lot of 2 and 3 tower projects fast now.
Sadly, as long as greenfield development has free reign in Edmonton, this will continue to be the case.
But I'll take the phased approach, as long as it is steady, over a big artificial boom that might result in an unbalanced development environment

Toronto has over 6 million people, Vancouver almost twice as many as here, along with severe geographic constraints. Anyone who expects a similar number of projects here will likely be disappointed.

It makes total sense to do this project in two phases, similar to others in the past.

Toronto has over 6 million people, Vancouver almost twice as many as here, along with severe geographic constraints. Anyone who expects a similar number of projects here will likely be disappointed.

It makes total sense to do this project in two phases, similar to others in the past.
Totally. I sont expect edmonton to ever had projects like those cities, just sad to see us progressing a lot more slowly on urbanism, decreasing car dependency, etc.

Excited that we have a good handful of projects on the go though and hopefully we'll see some more big towers this next decade!

Toronto/Vancouver's tower building spree is not necessarily reducing car dependence in those cities - car-dependency is accelerating at suburban edges and this is overtaking increased population in cores (which have always been urban). Really we'll need a larger societal shift in North America for this to happen.

Back