News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

Wheaton/One has cleaned up and put down some sod on the empty lot directly east of the new southpark building. Still fenced off, so I'm not sure if it's just to make it look a bit nicer, or if there's something a bit more exciting to come.
Yeah, I noticed that too. It does actually look much nicer.

I was wondering whether this was something they were required to do, if it was to help make the area look better to help them fill their new building across the street or some other reason.

Permit Date
June 8, 2021
Category
Commercial Final
Description
To construct exterior and interior alterations to a commercial mixed use building to prepare shell space for future tenant fit outs. - Kingsway Garden Mall (Phase 2) NOTE: "Phase 1" demolition Building Permit # 38360366-002
Construction Value
$28,500,000
Address
52, 1 - KINGSWAY GARDEN MALL NW

Permit Date
June 8, 2021
Category
Commercial Final
Description
To construct exterior and interior alterations to a commercial mixed use building to prepare shell space for future tenant fit outs. - Kingsway Garden Mall (Phase 2) NOTE: "Phase 1" demolition Building Permit # 38360366-002
Construction Value
$28,500,000
Address
52, 1 - KINGSWAY GARDEN MALL NW
For the new Walmart

Also @westcoastjos can your reinstate the evaluation system for proposed projects -- I like to see where people land on the aesthetics continuum.
Is that not still enabled on the threads here? I opened a few and still see the poll. I'm not sure how Dave enabled that or if we just did it post by post. I haven't dived into all the configs quite yet.

Noticed tree clearing behind the Rossdale Brewery (below - pictured today). I know a few years ago Gene Dub talked about developing it into a boutique hotel. Has anyone heard any rumblings about this property?

View attachment 214227

Some rumblings as of November 2020 about the Rossdale Brewery:
IMG_0474.jpg

And in January of this year a cancelled application:

Home Improvement Permit
Reference Id:Job No 357785529-002
Description:To construct interior alterations (Removing walls and modifying foundation) and exterior alterations (removing windows and adding door) to a Single Detached House.
Plan Q Blk 15 Lots 12-15
Applicant:DUB ARCHITECTS LTD.
Create Date:2020/03/16
Neighbourhood:ROSSDALE
Approval Date:2021/01/22

Back