News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Around Edmonton

^It was very good. I had the tire presure lower a bit & they handled the icy roads well. I didn't ride very much on tails as I'm learning the bike. That snow by the Highlevel bride was 6 inch deep sloppy snow and I could trudge through it ok. Cold weather-wise, I keep the battery inside when not in use and probably wouldn't ride if the weather is dipping towards -20c as not sure of the effect on battery health. Of which, I only drained about 25% of battery on a 20km return trek from Avonmore to Groat Bridge, though I did a lot of the peddling I guess.

The first in what (hopefully) will be a series of before and after shots of various lots/buildings around downtown Edmonton...and also my first time attaching photos. Here goes.

A shot of what is now the Excelsior Lofts on 104 St north of 103 Ave taken in the early 1990s and from a similar vantage point a few years ago.
View attachment 171544View attachment 171545
Does anyone know the history of this building's refurbishment? I took a quick look around the web and couldn't find much. I think it looks great from a distance (i.e. my apartment), but up close a little disproportionate – because of the retrofits! It would be fun to have a little part of Edmonton styled in this stately European fashion. Imagine if Manchester Square/Little Amsterdam with parking lots/Spanish music concert were next to these lofts!

Evfh47MVgAAHFZl.jpeg

Source

Back