News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Yellowhead Trail Upgrades

I'm so excited for these Yellowhead upgrades to be completed. I was starting to wonder if it would ever happen.

I remember when the Edmonton Humane Society was in a dinky old building just west of 66 and south of the Yellowhead and the city said they could not build an interchange at 66 until after the Human Society moved out. Well, they moved out many years ago and still the Yellowhead remained untouched.

Now it's finally happening!!!

Learn about road changes along 123 Avenue
October 25, 2019

Changes will be made to roadways close to Yellowhead Trail, including 123 Avenue between 156 Street and 142 Street, as part of the Yellowhead Trail Freeway Conversion.

Come learn about the design plans for 123 Avenue at a drop-in, public information session.

Date: Monday, October 28
Time: 4 – 7 p.m. (Drop-in)

Road changes are being made to support changes in traffic patterns that will result from the Yellowhead Trail Freeway Conversion.

Public and stakeholder input from summer engagement events, together with technical, safety and policy requirements, helped advise the preliminary design for Yellowhead Trail from 50 Street to the North Saskatchewan River. You’re invited to learn more about what will be happening as part of the Yellowhead Trail East Widening project.

Date: Wednesday November 13, 2019
Time: 4–7pm

2019: A look back at a milestone year for Yellowhead Trail
With projects entering concept planning, projects entering the final stages of design and projects under construction, 2019 truly was a significant year for the Yellowhead Trail Freeway Conversion Program.
Thanks to all of you who participated in our public engagement efforts in 2019. Your valuable input helps shape our plans as we upgrade this key inter-city, inter-regional and inter-provincial route. As work on the freeway conversion continues in 2020, we remain committed to designing plans that balance turning Yellowhead Trail into a freeway with the needs of the community, businesses and commuters.
Read on to find out more about the work that took place in 2019 and what's planned for 2020.

Back