News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Yellowhead Trail Upgrades

Has anyone noticed any traffic issues with people using St Albert Trail and 156 St interchanges to turn around? I find navigation apps tend to route people on 123/124/128 Ave so maybe it hasn't been a huge issue. Although I still think St. Albert Trail interchange is a very good candidate for Edmonton's first diverging diamond interchange.

Has anyone noticed any traffic issues with people using St Albert Trail and 156 St interchanges to turn around? I find navigation apps tend to route people on 123/124/128 Ave so maybe it hasn't been a huge issue. Although I still think St. Albert Trail interchange is a very good candidate for Edmonton's first diverging diamond interchange.
Traffic issues tend to be north south on those 2 roads. Since 149st was closed it moved a lot of traffic onto those other 2 roads.

Once 127 st is completed, traffic volumes should adjust a bit, right now lots of people are taking SAT as they avoid 127 st mess like the plague

I've noticed that the 149th street crossing is semi open, for southbound onto westbound yellowhead, and from westbound yellowhead onto northbound 149th street. The road behind the ex-ramanda location is now 1 way eastbound onto 149th north and southbound.

iirc, I remember seeing the proposals and was under the impression 149th was going to be closed completely, anybody else?

I've noticed that the 149th street crossing is semi open, for southbound onto westbound yellowhead, and from westbound yellowhead onto northbound 149th street. The road behind the ex-ramanda location is now 1 way eastbound onto 149th north and southbound.

iirc, I remember seeing the proposals and was under the impression 149th was going to be closed completely, anybody else?
As in 149th st closed between YHT and the rail tracks? AFAIK it's always been the plan to have that remain open just no 149th N/B crossing over the YHT.

My whole question now is what exactly is the plan with the old Ramada Inn site? Looks like the City originally wanted to only expropriate a piece but ended up having the Province tell them to take the whole site (and this was months after construction had already started on that segment).

1717730701995.png

1717730573820.png

Wow! Only 2 years to build the “partial overpass” at 66St? Thought that interchange would actually take up to years with the physical restraints and all……hmmmmm

I think with all they've done to connect that industrial area north of YHT to Fort Road, 66 St will be fully closed during construction. Maybe preload/piles in 2025 and then the overpass itself in 2026.

I do feel a little bad about the businesses south of YHT sort of getting orphaned for the time being. But with all these businesses that set up shop along YHT, it was never a matter of if but when YHT was fully converted into a freeway.

Back