News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Transit Park & Rides

So rhe future south station Heritage valley is wtill a few years away but I wanna know when the completed park'n'ride and bus station will be open for service? It sure appears that everything is done there.
big oooof. I had to look this one up, when I was down there this summer and it looked done but unopened. According to this CTV article, it's closed because the shuttle services (dunno what this means, I assume some kind of express to century park) it was planned to operate are being postponed due to covid-related budget cuts. thanks for bringing this up! I hadn't really thought much of this kinda odd situation.
The article (from August) does say that regular services will start up Aug 30th, just not the main shuttle services to Century Park. so maybe it is open now? partially?
Heritage valley Park and Ride finished but unused - CTV

On November 30, Heritage Valley Park & Ride will begin operation. Shuttle buses will start running between Heritage Valley Park & Ride and Century Park Transit Centre. These buses will be marked as bus route 700 and will run every 5-10 minutes on weekdays from approximately 5 a.m. - 10 p.m.

via email

Love it. Now lets start building that LRT next year!

@Avenuer I know it's not confirmed, but when the issue came up earlier this year again about LRT project priorities, one of the reasons listed as to why Capital Line South won over Metro Line NW Phase 2 was because it had the possibility of starting next year with all the land acquisitions and other aspects being finished that weren't complete along the Metro Line's corridor just yet. You're right, it most likely won't at this point, but it's just wishful thinking on my part 🙃

Speaking of transit centres, Mill Woods looks almost done.

DSC_0058.JPG

@Edmcowboy11 When the new network takes effect on April 25th next year :cool:

Back